What do I need to do an A-6A w. all bells & whistles?

Bill Cross

I am feeling some strong urges to tackle the Trumpeter A6=A in USMC Vietnam-era colors (land-based or carrier-based is equally OK). Can one of y'all provide a list of all the AM things I should include? Spare no detail. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for linking to that build, it sorta pushed me over the edge...

But his list isn't easy to find. Where do I come up with things like:

Avionix Resin Cockpit BLC32061
Retro Wings RW32002 GRU-5 ejection seat
Eduard 32813 A-6 a interior set
Profimodeller 32189 Interior Set
Profimodeller 32188 Exterior, Ladder set
Zotz ZTZ 32/061 Intruder Vietnam War decals

Does GT Resin have the intakes & exhausts? SH and Rhino are often OOS.

25 minutes ago, Bill Cross said:

OK, you chuckleheads, that's all whistles and no bells.... :hmmm:

This group is getting considerably more slack in its thinking and reasoning. :rofl:

Matter of opinion of course as to what is priority. For me I'd go probably (in no order within each group):

Must haves:
* Decals. I'm biased, but even so, the kit decals are just bad in everyway (color, accuracy, mispellings, shapes, etc). Replace them entirely, including stenciling, with anyone's aftermarket (Superscale, Zotz, or (plug) AOA).
* Ejection seats. Kit doesn't have correct ones for an A and the seats are really visible with the big A-6 canopy so really obvious

Borderline-to-must haves:
* Wheels for A-6A (smooth hub)
* Intakes. Kit ones are manageable but the resins ones (GT or Rhino) are a lot better and easier (personally I'd get them)
* Exhaust. Sierra Hotel all the way but good luck getting. Definitely get them if you can, great improvement over kit, but kit ones may not be too obvious lacking since they're not fancy afterburner engines.

Nice to have but skippable:
* PE is ok, but to me personally I find I don't bother with  most of it (your mileage may vary...)
* Pitot tube (they're cheap so why not get)
* Cockpit (Avionix)
* Canopy masks

Not A-6 specific, but for me other must haves for the build, especially with the A-6 with (literally) tons of big loads:
* Eduard MERs/TERs. Kit ones aren't horrible, but the resin ones are far better.
* Aftermarket ordnance (Eduard, VA, AMS, etc) & drop tanks. Kit ones are generally bad, crappy ordnance to me ruins an otherwise good kit.

I'm sure I'm missing something. I'd go for all though I could!