dora9

8 hours ago, ringleheim said:

Keep up the good work!

I have the Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV ausf. H about half built myself.

These big 1/16 Panzers are pretty darned cool.

Thanks! I almost got my hands on one! It's my favorite tank of WWII but too many road wheels! :frantic:

Which Archer transfers are you planning  on using, the ones from the 501 or something else?  I happen to know the guy who did the research for the 501 sheets for Archer.  Greg Walden's book on the 501 is a good read too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 7:40 PM, Juggernut said:

Yep, David Parker does a great job at building the kit.

I won't go that far! A really nice build adding details here and there, like new episcopes and brass barrels for the MG-34. Lot of work to do on the tracks, ejector pins and part numbers.

I will concentrate on the outside like painting and weathering, not too much because it's a fairly new tank.

So just for the fun of it I added the turret top and decided to weigh the hole thing. 598 grams

VK1jTZsh.jpg

Then started working on the road wheels. I assembled them and decided to square them on the lathe, that is 18 wheels so lot of plastic dust!

PHSTTmvh.jpg

Then added some details on the turret, like hooks for spare tracks and other stuff.

gSE53vUh.jpg

My god! You're getting heavier! 655 grams and the turret is not completed yet!

So this is where I am now so stay tuned!

The turret ammo racks are OK, it's the hull racks that are too wide and should be pointing outward, so as to not interfere with the turret. It's almost a total rebuild of those racks and the front ones wich are only made for three rounds instead of four. AFV are making a set of new ammo racks in resin.