dora9

So was bored building aircraft models and decided for a major change of pace. Took the big cat out of the closet and started with the turret.

It's been a while since the last armor I did!

o2E8I49h.jpg

I didn't want a dirty cat because the one I want to do took part in the battle of the Bulge and was completed in late november 1944.

Arrived at unit in december just in time for the battle.

So a bit of mud, wear and tear and that's it.

jP6WkJDh.jpg

Basically some pigments, wash and graphite powder here and there.

nm1jGIQh.jpg

I used Flory model wash because they are so easy to used and fun to work with!

r7spi38h.jpg

Don't worry the pinion gear will get the treatment!

So that's it for now.

Stay tuned!

Edited by dora9

On 8/19/2018 at 6:36 PM, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

The big Jagdtiger is on my "to get" list, but I have no idea when that will happen.

I prefer the Jagdpanther with it sloped armour. Jagdtiger feel too boxy! But it will be a nice one on your shelf!

Got my Tiger quite cheap so went a bit crazy on AM, Aber gun, AFV itsy bitsy thing in resin and photoetch, Archer decals etc.

Edited by dora9

Worked on the gun installation, had to put some iron pellets in the ammo to act as counter-balance! The breech part is fill with pellets too! The muzzle is totaly amazing! There are five parts in total! Had to build a stand for the turret so I could work on it.

rIZk51Dh.jpg

Started to work on the tank commander cupola. Cut out all the molded episcopes and will replace them with AFV clear resin ones!

OAdf8lJh.jpg

A bit of work on them to get rid of the seam, paint them Aclad alu first and then the brownish black color.

REbq0Zrh.jpg

A lot of things to do, specially on the gun itself, equipment and gazillion little things here and there in the turret, got Aber barrels for the two MG-34, tank version, and the photoetch radio rack from AFV plus their resin radio sets and resin gunner sight.

So still a lot to do before closing that big turret!

Stay tuned!

Edited by dora9

20 hours ago, dora9 said:

I prefer the Jagdpanther with it sloped armour. Jagdtiger feel too boxy! But it will be a nice one on your shelf!

Got my Tiger quite cheap so went a bit crazy on AM, Aber gun, AFV itsy bitsy thing in resin and photoetch, Airscale decals etc.

I like the Jagdpanther as well, and have the old Academy 1:25 kit sitting here, as well as a couple of 1:35 kits, but while I do like it (a lot), I actually prefer the blockhouse of armor that the Jagdtiger was.

46 minutes ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

Does this kit have what's commonly referred to as the Henschel turret, or is it the Porsche turret version?

It has both, but the one I want to do has the production turret (Henschel). I still have the 1/25 Tamiya version of the Jagdpanther.

Edited by dora9

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Wow, NICE!   Love the King Kitty, my favorite armor by a LONG way. Ive got the DML 35th version and the brass barrel is really nice in that one, cant imagine how cool it is in 1/16th.   

Looking forward to more! 

I have the Takom one in 1/35 with the Porsche turret and full interior and there is more details in that one then in the 1/16!