Post-war JV44 Clean-up

Suresh Nathan

Did some work.......

One of the few shots of the freely standing model. Note the portside wing is an aluminium foil scratchbuild and will be CRUSHED at the end of this. (GULP!)

IMG_0375_zpsb0fdzjig.jpg

Panels on but not on. Adds to the effect I'm looking for.

IMG_0377_zpsmggncsjo.jpg

Took me a while to figure out how to showcase the stunning red and white under side of the Papagei Staffel. You almost forget the truck is there!

IMG_0379_zps3jzpn130.jpg

I added a tree to effectively pin the model to the base. I've had instances in the past where aircraft models fall off and shatter and I'm constantly paranoid about it.LOL.

IMG_0381_zpslmkrgvqe.jpg

Edited by Suresh Nathan

Extremely impressive work :clap2:

I especially like the foil wing and I am looing forward to seeing it crushed

Lovely figure work as well. I dabble in figures as well, and find that if I paint kit figures even if I dont plan to use them gives me a lot of free experience...

2 minutes ago, Thomas Lund said:

Lovely figure work as well. I dabble in figures as well, and find that if I paint kit figures even if I dont plan to use them gives me a lot of free experience...

Thanks Thomas. 

I feel that way about figures too. I was recently in the Tamiya factory in Japan and saw some of Shep Paines work close-up. Virtually all his figures were kit figures so you're in good company. 

I'm wondering how to crush this wing too, TBH. Lol. 

Did the crush last night. I had to be suitably tired not to care how it turned out. This morning it appears ok. Also initial weathering, the tree and just general busy work.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:38 AM, Thomas Lund said:

20180923_093535-01-01_zpsb84ihdmy.jpeg    20180923_093619-01_zpsu1hzolg1.jpeg

20180923_150256_zpshyxodenp.jpg

Edited by Suresh Nathan

Did some weathering and detailing with cables and hoses. The chains go together with magnets so it can be disassembled for transport. Also I cut off and repositioned the rudder and stabilizers to make it more organic. The mud shows how the Dora was dragged over the side of the hill. And you can see the bunker better now. 

20180924_223349-01_zpsm8kkty5d.jpeg   20180924_223423-01_zps1f93wqdo.jpeg

20180924_223533-01_zpsqiswvkik.jpeg   20180924_223450-01_zpsj7swvtos.jpeg

20180924_091804_zpstswv07bm.jpg

Just have a few figures and some small odds and ends left but its essentially done. Will post the link to the full article (with proper pictures) here when I'm done. Thanks for tuning in! 

:rolleyes:

Edited by Suresh Nathan