Post-war JV44 Clean-up

Suresh Nathan

First time here after a while. This is my diorama idea inspired by the post war cleanup.

Does anyone think this wouldn't have happened?

Specifically were all JV44 Fw190D9s destroyed? Would a M26 Knuckley be used in this way?

Leave comments below.

https://www.google.com.sg/…/end-of-an-air-force-german…/amp/

"With victory in 1945, the Allies wanted to impress upon Germany the totality of the defeat. This involved the rapid demobilization and destruction of the German Air Force, removing traces of its aircraft wherever found"

Dora%20and%20the%20Dragon_zpsgrnglefc.jp IMG-20180807-WA0006_zpsuto9pkwn.jpg

7100c481-7563-46d4-8bc7-1a8b38e4044d_zps

DSC_2607-02_zpsqb4yzz5s.jpeg

Edited by Suresh Nathan
Formatting issues

Who cares if someone thinks it wouldn't have happened. 

It certainly could have happened and you seem to be inspired to use this as an idea for your diorama.

Build it!  It's a hobby to be enjoyed.

Don't let the rivet counters ruin your day.

Most "experts" on the 'net don't necessarily know what the hell they are talking about anyway.

The Hasegawa FW190D-9 is the old tool. Upgraded it with the Verlinden set which I had lying around for a while. The engine was from JR Rutman. Nothing really fit very well and had to be moved back and forth to fit references. The wings are the old FW190A4 from Revell with closed wing wells so all of that had to be modified. Nevertheless because this was going to be a salvage scene , I decided to cut off the wing and open up panels- in a strange way the inaccuracies of the kit made it easier to do that. The stabilizers would be removed too.

DSC_2561_zpspk0yhfnm.jpg

IMG-20180806-WA0007_zpsalle8gfz.jpg

DSC_2558_zpsmlfd08wv.jpg

50e3026439961adff6853cbb69b28050--focke-

DSC_2563_zpspflbbdev.jpg

Edited by Suresh Nathan
Formatting issues

3 hours ago, ringleheim said:

I'm seeing the photos just fine.  Maybe it depends on what operating system/browser folks are using.

Nah, they were definitely not there previously, having been replaced by placeholders with 'no go' symbols on them. They're visible now, however.

Kev