1/18 F-14 Jolly Rogers "nose art".

Yordy

Hi, i am new here and after seeing the last 2 builds of 1/18 F-14s i wanted to do mine aswell. It is practically only a new paintjob. I really liked the 1 color scheme of the 1991 Jolly rogers F-14. 

I painted it with a spray can from Tamiya in dark ghost grey and already weathered the front part of the F-14. In a few days i will spray the gloss paint on for the decals.

20180818_113457.jpg

20180818_103808.jpg

20180818_121328.jpg

20180818_121315.jpg

I put the clearcoat on sooner then i thought and i started putting on the decals. I only messed up the large decals on the side, they are kind of difficult for an amateur like me. I already ordered new ons, but they come from America and i live in Holland, so hopefully within a week and a half.

20180819_075227.jpg

9 hours ago, Yordy said:

This is my other F-14 that i did with flory washes and tamiya weathering sets.

20180819_133231.jpg

Excellent, I like the look of the VF-84 ship a lot. It must take up a lot of real estate on the shelving.

8 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Excellent, I like the look of the VF-84 ship a lot. It must take up a lot of real estate on the shelving.

I have 2 shelves with 12 1/18 aircraft on it.

I got one of the tails ready with decalling and matt clearcoat, only need to paint the top of the tail with dark grey. 

20180823_083913_edit_1535006641552.jpg

2 hours ago, Gerhard said:

Looking good. Where did you get the 1/18 Kit?

It is not really a kit, the model is already pre painted and ready for assembly i just sprayed mine in overall dark ghost grey from Tamiya. 

Edited by Yordy
Forgot some text

3 hours ago, Gerhard said:

Looking good. Where did you get the 1/18 Kit?

Gerhard,

These "collectable" 1/18th scale Tomcats were made by JSI and distributed by Merit. They first appeared at a show in December 2009. At this time they were only available for purchase at the show I believe. This would be JSI's first release of the Tomcat, a "lighted" version of a VF-84 F-14A, with only 250 pieces made. JSI's second release in 2010, another VF-84 F-14A which this time was not lighted, was limited to 888 pieces worldwide with roughly only 500 pieces for sale in North America. This version came to be known as the "Spot Cat" because of the poor weathering job applied. This is the reason for my conversion, because if I was going to take the time to repaint her I was going to fill seams, etc., etc. and convert her to a B model.  JSI's third release in 2011 was a VF-154 Black Knight's F-14A, "BOMBCAT" and, this version was "lighted." Again, only 888 pieces produced with roughly about 500 pieces sold in North America. I have this version as well and she came from the factory with a much better finish so, I chose to leave her as is.

They can be found today on EBay but,  they are very expensive, too expensive in my opinion.

Steve

"TOMCATS FOREVER, BABY...!"