Sea King GIIC fast revieuw 1/32 (1/38)

mark31

Hello like i have shown in the topic make the others jalous i have found this kit

DjGqsLI.jpg

Now the real deal is 16.69m without rotor blades

That is for me in 1/32 52.15cm

iff i measure the lenght i come out at 44cm

thats 8 cm short so now we have scale 1/37.9

thats somthing i can not fix

3AsyPnM.jpg

nowfor the rest i letthe pics say the rest

VOoeFnW.jpg

GsOETqW.jpg

nbK0HxV.jpg

akfL7sG.jpg

UU9ZDy9.jpg

sfnJsPn.jpg

HpTCbkH.jpg

UuhLDff.jpg

aoHS7ys.jpg

4sit53r.jpg

DBUG2bn.jpg

I know i have started a scratch build project for a sea king

and i know fore sure now im going to build a version2.0 from zero

this one is going on the pile

Mark

Is it possible they modeled it off a different version? Make sure you have the right measurements for this version, they made many variants, it’s possible that there are short and long tail versions. Just speculation, but maybe worth investigating?

1 minute ago, 1to1scale said:

Is it possible they modeled it off a different version? Make sure you have the right measurements for this version, they made many variants, it’s possible that there are short and long tail versions. Just speculation, but maybe worth investigating?

its from this version i have taken the lenght

i know westland buildt them also but the are the same size

you have a civilian version and that one is longer

Mark

Thanks for the review Mark.

4 minutes ago, mattlow said:

I recall a toy-like Sea King, sold as a model railway prop or similar. I wonder if this is a detailed up version of that?  Maybe by Newray (saw one on eBay once)...

Aha... an interesting article...

https://designer.home.xs4all.nl/models/s62-32/s62-1.htm

No this one is a complete actual resin kit. The Sky Pilot Sea King is more akin to a 21st Cent toy. 

2 hours ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

Does anyone do a good walk around book on the Sikorsky version of the Sea King? All I seem to find, is books on the Westland version.

Not strictly walk around but there's a Famous Aircraft of the World book on the Sea King with many pics.

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Aside from the ASW equipment fit and minor differences in the cockpit instruments, they’re virtually identical inside.  There’s precious little published on the Sea King of any description.

The WWP book looks pretty interesting, as does the Aeroguide book, but I have neither, not yet anyway.

6 minutes ago, ziggyfoos said:

Not strictly walk around but there's a Famous Aircraft of the World book on the Sea King with many pics.

I'm aware of that one, just never snatched it yet.

6 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

Mark - there is a civilian cersion called the ‘Shorts-ski’ they use for heli logging in Canada - it is one frame shorter than the original military one...

Cheers

Alan

will take a look on that one thanks for the info

And yes after more search on the net i came acros the toy version and its indeed a resin copy

Mark

Edited by mark31

Ok Guys perhaps I can add to this thread having had both the new ray toy and the GIIC kit in my hands and compared the two.

Despite the company telling me otherwise this GIIC model is as already stated in fact a copy of the New ray model. I bought one and was shocked when it arrived to find that it was well under scale and a copy. I paid a premium for the resin version and was determined to get to the bottom of it all. It appears that the resin model has been made from a modified copy of the plastic model. With the resin model in hand I found the plastic one on amazon and ordered it. I can confirm that the lumps and bumps are identical as tooo are the panel lines and reinforcing plates. Just about everything else  is a slightly updated copy. Even the incorrect rotor head is copied! When I questioned the seller of the origin they stated that it was mastered by someone totally from scratch! I then asked about the scale and they told me that thier measuiements were based upon the overall length being inclusive of the rotor. This would make the dimensions closer. All reference including material from Sikorisky and Westland all had dimensions excluding the rotor. and this model and the New Ray toy come out as stated closer to 1/37 to 1/38. In essence I sold the Gicc kit and have started to master a 1/32 scale Sea King myself which I will hope to have progressed to vac forming soon.

regards

John

2 hours ago, tigger said:

Ok Guys perhaps I can add to this thread having had both the new ray toy and the GIIC kit in my hands and compared the two.

Despite the company telling me otherwise this GIIC model is as already stated in fact a copy of the New ray model. I bought one and was shocked when it arrived to find that it was well under scale and a copy. I paid a premium for the resin version and was determined to get to the bottom of it all. It appears that the resin model has been made from a modified copy of the plastic model. With the resin model in hand I found the plastic one on amazon and ordered it. I can confirm that the lumps and bumps are identical as tooo are the panel lines and reinforcing plates. Just about everything else  is a slightly updated copy. Even the incorrect rotor head is copied! When I questioned the seller of the origin they stated that it was mastered by someone totally from scratch! I then asked about the scale and they told me that thier measuiements were based upon the overall length being inclusive of the rotor. This would make the dimensions closer. All reference including material from Sikorisky and Westland all had dimensions excluding the rotor. and this model and the New Ray toy come out as stated closer to 1/37 to 1/38. In essence I sold the Gicc kit and have started to master a 1/32 scale Sea King myself which I will hope to have progressed to vac forming soon.

regards

John

when you bring out the vac count me in for two

you have my money

Mark

9 hours ago, tigger said:

regards

John

I would definitely shell out for an accurate vac Sea King actually. I've toyed with vacs before, but I just don't think anyone else is going to give us a (what I assume is) a 1/32nd Sea King.

John,

Would that come with the clear and rotor parts too, just no interior/engine ect, ect?

Im not sure I could replicate the complicated rotor stuff to my own satisfaction from scratch.