A340 Pilot

If no F11F or FJ-4, then maybe...

2 minutes ago, blackbetty said:

sure, that would make sense now that i started the vac....

Why inflict so much bodily harm. No way I will ever do a VAC kit. 

I've wanted to do it for years....Just never thought there would be that much interest,although it does have a long service record and numerous great paint jobs to choose from. I suppose with foldable wings it wouldn't be too big. Hmmmmmm.

You guys are a bad influence on me!

Paul if you do opt to do the whale, I’m definitely buying- that’s a really cool looking plane. Granted with the China Lake kick I’m on lately, there are a number of things I’d buy from you 

If Im honest, I probably would not buy this from just any company if one came out....................

But knowing FM&P Kits the way I do, and having built quite a few, Id buy a FM&P Skyknight without a doubt. 

1 hour ago, seiran01 said:

Paul if you do opt to do the whale, I’m definitely buying- that’s a really cool looking plane. Granted with the China Lake kick I’m on lately, there are a number of things I’d buy from you 

China Lake?? I grew up there. Always up for a China Lake bird.

Dan 

Guest Maxim

I still think one of these would sell well considering the possible schemes and variants that could be done from one.

4027437.jpg?v=v4d0834f3291

You guys make me laugh as some of those models you wish for are available as vac forms from me. I don't understand that when the manufacturers state that they are not comercially viable that you continue to dismiss Vac forms as a voodo art or something. They are nothing more than basic shapes granted but this is where the skill of the modeller comes in. I get it that not everyone desired to spend the effort making these type of models but with some work they can look spectacular and you will have the model of the aircraft that you always wanted! I am afraid that it will be down to people like me to produce these limited market models and if you really want somehting then don't be afraid and have a go. I suspect that some of those who decry Vac forms have never tried them  and are happy to be assemblers of plastic and resin accessories. I can tell you that from eperience that often some the the so called modern kits are just as awkward as vacs and more work. Some resin kits are really bad and some resin accessories just dont fit so the work you do to make them fit is not far off the level of work required to assemble a vac form. Please dont be blinkered by the comments of others and have a go you  may end up with something that you really wanted.

Guest Maxim

Problem is many of us just don't have the time to devote to scratch building all the details required to complete a vac kit. I don't have enough time now to get an injection molded kit done in under six months let alone a vac kit.

3 hours ago, Maxim said:

Problem is many of us just don't have the time to devote to scratch building all the details required to complete a vac kit. I don't have enough time now to get an injection molded kit done in under six months let alone a vac kit.

I totally understand that and would say that this day and age there is plenty of resin and etched that can be utilised to avoid scratch building stuff. In essence the time and effort some put into plastic injection kits would net them good results from a vac. This comment was meant to start some thought provocations on what people really want as opposed to what is available, if you really want it and it’s there as a vac form and you don’t want to build that, then surely this means that you can’t want it that much? 

Regards

john