Saw a WW1 aviation movie this morning, finally.

ssculptor

Anyone remember "Flyboys"?

I woke up early (5 AM this Morning, as usual) and discovered the movie "Flyboys": starting up. I never saw it all the way through so I settled back in bed and watched it.

I like it. Yes there were cliches, improbable scenes, obligatory love scenes, etc. but they were well handled. 

Yes the Germans were all nasty fellows, except for one guy. All the French and Americans were nice guys. Well, what did you expect, Hollywood ulber alles.

Looked like they had  built some replica airlanes. I could not tell the diference between the replicals and the animation.

All in all an enjoyable movie.:punk:

32 minutes ago, 1to1scale said:

There was an older version of it from the 60’s, I believe it was called “Brown vs Richthofen” it seemed to be a descent movie, but maybe not completely accurate either.

Flyboys and Brown vs Richthofen had absolutely nothing in common other than being an atrocious waste of celluloid.

Tony

The only ones worth seeing IMO are the Blue Max and Aces High. 

Having said that, I have seen the George Peppard / Ursula undresses one since about 1973 - c'mon Netflix ! 

Tony 

Sky Movies has it here in the UK , we don't have a Netflix account yet , but its coming !

For those of us with Really long memories, I can still recall an article in a long defunct modelling magazine that I saw not long after the Blue Max came out  which detailed the steps to turn the Heller 1/72 Morane Saundler (SP) 406 kit into the aircraft that crashes at the end of the film, 

AS I said I'm OLD!

Actually no I'm same age as Madonna , now there's a thought!