Spitfire LFV Revell 1/32

tchwrma

Well, folks, I'm starting one more GB. I hope you can finish this one.
I have already chosen a simple kit, so that I can finish it on time. I'll try not to invent much.
The kit chosen is this:

UYVwj17.jpg

This is the Spitfire MkII new tool from Revell, which will be modified to an MkV LF from the end of the war, already under French flag.
the parts needed for modification will be donated from the Tamiya MkIX kit, plus some afters.

This is the subject:

EjWJF8H.jpg

And this is the kit:

WLwExZi.jpg

hDgzUGd.jpg

Here the afters, a Yahu panel, a aires resin cockpit, exhausts, a resin door, Eduard flaps PE, metal gun barrels and the parts donated by Tamiya kit.

112IIxC.jpg

Here the original decals and the french, from Tamiya kit.

scHCTsl.jpg

I forgot to buy a Rotol propeller, required on this plane, but later I solve this.

Soon the first pics of the job.

59 minutes ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Nice! I just finished my Vb conversion for this group build so glad to see someone else with the same idea. 

Carl

Hi, Carl. I saw your kit. It was a quick one!

I neve was capable to made a kit in so short time. My work is more slow. I simply could not pass to the next step without being absolutely sure that I not leave nothing wrong behind.

This is one of my faults. Your plane is beautiful. I hope I can do such a beautiful job.

Thanks for your words.

Best regards, Paulo.

37 minutes ago, tchwrma said:

Hi, Carl. I saw your kit. It was a quick one!

I neve was capable to made a kit in so short time. My work is more slow. I simply could not pass to the next step without being absolutely sure that I not leave nothing wrong behind.

This is one of my faults. Your plane is beautiful. I hope I can do such a beautiful job.

Thanks for your words.

Best regards, Paulo.

Thanks Paulo! I usually take a couple months on a build so this was very fast for me as well. I think the simplicity of it compared to my previous project is was made it go so much faster. 

Carl

• 3 weeks later...

Starting, I did the panel with a almost ready panel of Yahu, who let me only the job of mask the instruments to paint it with flat varnish, as the original went gloss.

In the rest of the cockpit I used some original parts, some parts from Tamiya kit, and some parts of the Aires resin cockpit, and some scratch.

fMI64dn.jpg

1FdcexF.jpg

c8nQxIi.jpg

yWiJuGg.jpg

Ug2zTCs.jpg

CtCwmlB.jpg

more to come...

Paulo

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Looks good Paulo! I used a very similar approach on mine.

Carl

I used high macro to get the real state of the parts. This caused the impression that they have errors. The scrapped parts will disappears, when assembled.

Thanks for your words. I hope that mine could be so good as yours.

Paulo.