1/32 Marauder

AlexM

3 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Alex,  Hope the connection with Leighton proved fruitful.  Have you seen these pics:

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/Museum-Exhibits/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/196275/martin-b-26g-marauder/

Not Flak-Bait but another B-26.

Good luck!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Leighton wrote me that he will ask a colleague who has direkt access to Flak Bait abot my color list, or wheather he can get access himself. I'm curious about the response, but I guess that at the moment they have more important matters to take care of.

I'm already aware of the Marauder at the USAF National Museum. It's very helpfull for the 360degree interior views. To bad that the interiour colors apparently aren't accurate. Things would be much easier today if they had simply used green back then :D

Cheers

Alex

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

nothing really new to write about. But I made a new purchase that will be very helpfull. There are actuelly 1/32 Maurauder decals out there, even though there is no kit. The decals are part of this nice book:

OqX3Fjz.jpg

I ran across this when looking for reference about the A-26 Invader. However, only about 10 pages cover the invaders. The rest is all about the Marauder, with many photos, and some nice profiles.

At the beginning of this project, I wanted to make this as a NMF aircraft with olive drab upper side and invasion stripes, as I find this scheme pretty cool. But as you know, a metal finish is very unforgiving concerning surface scratches. And since this is more or less a fully 3d printed model, to get a perfect metal finish would be pretty challenging. Therefore, a grey unter- and green upper-side scheme, ideally with invasion stripes, would be better to hide some imperfections :ph34r:

And the decals sheet offer just this (sorry for the censorship, but I guess this is a family friendly site :))

kSGOWUo.jpg

There is even a review of this book on LSP:

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=1298

On 3/25/2020 at 10:46 PM, Bruce said:

Alex,

have you thought about the possibility of selling your drawings so that others might try the build?

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

this is rather unlikely at the moment. Let me first finish this project (what, if things go on as they are, should only last a few more hundred years :)), and then we'll see.

Cheers

Alex

Alex, I do look forward to your getting back on this one. Hey, at least we'll have at least one accurate B-26, even if it is a Marauder not an Invader! If the old modeller's tale holds true, there should be a kit of the Marauder coming out in 1/32nd scale just about the time you finish yours.

Best Regards,

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 11:04 AM, AlexM said:

Hi there,

nothing really new to write about. But I made a new purchase that will be very helpfull. There are actually 1/32 Marauder decals out there, even though there is no kit. The decals are part of this nice book:

OqX3Fjz.jpg

I ran across this when looking for reference about the A-26 Invader. However, only about 10 pages cover the invaders. The rest is all about the Marauder, with many photos, and some nice profiles.

At the beginning of this project, I wanted to make this as a NMF aircraft with olive drab upper side and invasion stripes, as I find this scheme pretty cool. But as you know, a metal finish is very unforgiving concerning surface scratches. And since this is more or less a fully 3d printed model, to get a perfect metal finish would be pretty challenging. Therefore, a grey unter- and green upper-side scheme, ideally with invasion stripes, would be better to hide some imperfections :ph34r:

And the decals sheet offer just this (sorry for the censorship, but I guess this is a family friendly site :))

kSGOWUo.jpg

There is even a review of this book on LSP:

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=1298

the reason I'm interested is my Aunt's first husband was shot down in a B-26 during a raid on Rabaul as a Navigator:  https://pacificwrecks.com/aircraft/b-26/40-1474.html

his name was Arthur King. and I would love to do a 1/32 of his a/c .

Hi Bruce,

this is rather unlikely at the moment. Let me first finish this project (what, if things go on as they are, should only last a few more hundred years :)), and then we'll see.

Cheers

Alex

Edited by Bruce
spelling

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, the project is not cancelled, it just took a "little" pause. Too bad I get distracted easily...

Back in 2018, there were some news about a B-26 from resin2detail. I don't if this one is still in the pipelines

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/72566-resin2detail-132-b26-marauder/

7 hours ago, Bruce said:

You mentioned that you have lots of 1/32 models…Bid you by any chance by one of the 1/32 ID Models B-29?

Hey Bruce,

no, I don't have a B-29. The only vacuform kit I ever finished is the SM.79. And then there is that nearly completed Hampden that is still waiting to get finished ... maybe someday :whistle:

• 11 months later...