1/32 Marauder

AlexM

On 5/29/2019 at 10:30 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

Great to see you back with this project, Alex!

Kev

It was about time :)

I've started to concentrate on the foward fuselage section, and made some basic interior details. After studying some documents on www.avialogs.com  I realized, that I apparently miscalculated the number of frames at the very forward area. At first, I thought there were 4 (including the one where the nose glazing starts), but apparently there are only 3. The printed fuselage halves already had recessed lines were the frames should be glued later on (as I did with the rest of the fuselage). To fix that error, I printed thin inner fuselage walls with the (hopefully) correct number of frames.

O1iTCpQ.jpg

Talking about the front interior color, I think I'll choose some kind of brownish olive drab, like on Flak Bait. Seems like a fabric cover. But I'm not sure yet about the bulkheads. I think the one behind the cockpit was metal/unpainted. But what about the bulkhead between the cockpit and the very forward bombardier section? On this site, there are a number of pictures:

https://airandspace.si.edu/collection-objects/martin-b-26b-25-ma-marauder-flak-bait

On the very first photo, it seems to be metal, while on photo Nr. 23, it could also be green/olive drab or whatever :hmmm:

I have to investigate further.

Cheers

Alex

Small update:

I printed some stuff for the radio operator section. For the seats, I tested two ways to print them in different angels. Both versions turned out OK. All based on from what I see on photos, so no guarranty for accuracy :)

mWaxOhh.jpg

Here's a quick arrangement to give you an idea (blame on the mechanic for not screwing tight the radios):

mMje1DL.jpg

Maybe the seat is a little bit too high in relation to the radio-shelf

Cheers

Alex

'Maybe the seat is a little bit too high in relation to the radio-shelf'

Standard chair height is 18 inches FFF( From Finished Floor)

Human Factors and Ergonomics:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_factors_and_ergonomics

This is all just great.  Sign me up for a copy when it goes into production.

Sincerely,

Mark