1/32 Marauder

AlexM

The material called PLA for normal FDM printers is proplematic. I experienced how a printed part was totally warped after laying in direct sunlight for some hours on a hot summer day. But I have no clue how the resin used with DLP printers behaves.

I made some progress on the interior walls at the waist gunner area:

vKV88g5.jpg

uEsjuEH.jpg

FsiabKy.jpg

I've taken a look at these printers - they are at reasonable prices. I've seen one for $465USD, which is less than what I paid for my current printer. Would this printer be practical for larger pieces (could I print whole fuselages or wings for 1/72nd scale WWII fighters or items of that size)? The resolution looks to be quite good.

Regards,

Jason

On 10/7/2018 at 5:53 PM, Learstang said:

I've taken a look at these printers - they are at reasonable prices. I've seen one for $465USD, which is less than what I paid for my current printer. Would this printer be practical for larger pieces (could I print whole fuselages or wings for 1/72nd scale WWII fighters or items of that size)? The resolution looks to be quite good.

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason ,

from my little experience with this printer so far, I would say yes. The printing area is relatively small (115 x 65 x 155 mm). But that's no big problem. If the parts are to large, the 3d-models could be devided into smaler segments. Here is a improved rear section of the Marauder (with openings for upper windows). The surface was just slightly sanded, and then got a coat of aluminium. Looks pretty nice. With this printer, interior fuselage frames can be printed as part of the main part, and they tourned out pretty sharp :frantic:

C6iwyZr.jpg

I started with the tiny signal bombs, also printed with my new machine (just a bit more than 1 cm long):

bBDiCOj.jpg

l01qshE.jpg

Cheers

Alex

On 10/8/2018 at 2:16 PM, Starfighter said:

Looking great, Alex! Got my Photon for the same price - I just need much more resin now!

Great! I got nice results with the provided green resin. Have you already tried other resin brands?

Man.  The talent level here is beyond 99% of us, Alex.  With that little mention you’re  multiple great photo posts combined with the new printed surfaces make is seem we’re right there every step of the way on YOUR build.  This is seriously exciting to see come alive with every new post.  

Thanks a millon for sharing this epic aircraft build build with us Alex.  

Troy.