Fisher AD-5W test build pics and tips

paul fisher

6 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

You're tempting me Paul.  It looks great.  Were any of these in dark blue?  Don't know why, but the gull grey and white ones just don't look as good to me.  Or even better, an engine grey and yellow version would look smart

Matt 

Thanks for the encouragement guys...Switched my BP medication and the hand tremors have subsided a lot, makes using the airbrush a pleasure again. As for the dark blue Guppy, you bet......They were all GSB until 56/57 and the kit has decals for a ship in GSB  as well. I may do some masks for the utility paint job for the AD-5, pretty simple and I love that color scheme too.

• 1 year later...

I've been watching his subthread here. Nothing as of late.  I think his last message he said he was looking into having castings done by a third party.  I sure would like to see some of his work again on the market.  I had finally started buying what I was watching on his site for a while, and then disaster struck. 

Well the GSB option looks nice when its done .....

eu55Xpx.jpg

I was one of the lucky ones to receive the 5W kit before the fire ..

And I do miss Paul's wonderful products ,  but he and his family survived a horror that would have destroyed many other people , they and theeir family were saved , and what's a few modelling products besides that!

I was lucky too.  Even luckier last week when I found the A-1E and a Trumpeter donor kit on the Traders Board.  

I’ve decided I’m not getting any younger and I’ve started building my nicer kits I invested a lot into.  

Wow!  That GSB is sexy!  I was planning the gray, but dang!

Edited by ScottsGT