Aratech Repulsor 74-Z Military Speeder Bike - FINISHED!

Out2gtcha

10 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Honestly, I'm looking at some of their 1/72nd SW kits, as my end goal is to get one of the new tool Bandai Falcons, and thought a fleet of other to-scale craft around would be neat. 

So turning to the "Dark Side" then eh?

Great result though.

Some of the most realistic paint chipping I've seen on any model.

Definite NATS entry sometime.

:goodjob:

Thanks gents!   This was was ultimately fun, and very rewarding.

4 hours ago, PhilB said:

So turning to the "Dark Side" then eh?

Thanks man!  And yes.........................but ONLY for the SW stuff!   Really the only other 72nd kit in the stash (that I actually intend to build) is a 72nd PBM-5A w/a Red Roo GR.1 conversion.

I've always wanted a bit perfect grade Falcon, and in my case, knowing how well the Bandai stuff goes together, one of their Falcons in 1/72 is on my list for sure.    Even though they are smaller,  the 1/72nd SW ships I have my eye on will look cool in scale w/my Bandai 72nd Falcon 

21 hours ago, rigor said:

That's cool. Very cool. But it's screams for just a little bit bigger base  but still very cool 

Thanks!  I think you are right, but OOB I think Bandai was trying to keep that part simpler and smaller, although I do agree, with the length of the speeder, it could probably have done with a larger base. 

Just caught up with your build Brian and it turned out fantastic. Glad to hear it won't be your last SW kit. I just picked up the B-wing which is their most recent release. 

Bandai has some truly impressive designers in their company and easily rival Tamiya, Hasegawa etc both in the quality of the kits and their level of detail. They get overlooked because they're primarily a sci-fi model company. 

Just in case you weren't aware, there's two versions of the PG Falcon. There is the deluxe one which comes with decals, PE and lighting and there's the standard version which only has stickers and leaves out the decals, PE and lights. 

Carl

Thanks Carl!

Id love the upgraded deluxe Falcon, as in the end I actually may end up making a 72nd scale lit up  "Stellar Envoy".     To give some haste to my eventual Bandai Falcon, Ive got a slew of 72nd Tie fighters coming too (2 Imperial, 1 Interceptor and 1 striker)