F-14 Phoenix pallets in 1/32...

One-Oh-Four

Thank you to those that offered their pallets! :clap2:
I'm actually almost finished but because I modified the kit parts (and only own one kit) I didn't have anything to take comparison pics of the before-after.
Here's a teaser pic of some early progress:

Pallet_teaser_zpslpcqsus1.jpg

I'll post an updated comparison pic when I receive the stock parts and then start a thread in the vendors forum when these are ready for market.

:beer:

Zactoman, I would think that you might need to stock up on Tomcat parts over the next 12 months or so, because after Topgun Maverick comes out, I think that every jet fan will be tackling a Tomcat. Any chance of you getting a A-7 sparrow on the market? 

4 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Thank you to those that offered their pallets! :clap2:
I'm actually almost finished but because I modified the kit parts (and only own one kit) I didn't have anything to take comparison pics of the before-after.
Here's a teaser pic of some early progress:

Pallet_teaser_zpslpcqsus1.jpg

I'll post an updated comparison pic when I receive the stock parts and then start a thread in the vendors forum when these are ready for market.

:beer:

Awesome! Much needed! In fact what might also be a nice add (though means extra work for you) are the added stiffener plates on the rail's sides that came with the BRU-32 integration. Currently there's only one way to go for that, and that is scratch work with tape or thin plastic sheet and lots of raised rivets/screws. having that version of the Pallets would take a lot of silly work off the modeller's shoulders.

Thanks for making these!  

The rubber boots for the fuselage/wing gap could do with a resin replacement (though am uncertain about the market), as well as a revised coaming piece to properly fit over the pilot's IP. 

Tony

17 hours ago, Tony T said:

Thanks for making these!  

The rubber boots for the fuselage/wing gap could do with a resin replacement (though am uncertain about the market), as well as a revised coaming piece to properly fit over the pilot's IP. 

Tony

Indeed, more particularly when you see what is occuring when Trumpeter rubber is becoming old... The tires in my old P-38 box are constantly producing a kind of oily liquid... :-(

Chris, great to see you doing these and the timing is great since I’ll be reengaging my Tomcat in a few months time. 

Agree with Tony that the rubber gloves also require urgent attention, more so than the pallets since the kit things are entirely unusable.

Cheers,

Marcel

13 hours ago, Michael931080 said:

So are these corrected AIM 54 PALLETS for the Tamiya kit in 1/32 or for the Trumpeter kit?

7 hours ago, crobinsonh said:

...or both?

My understanding is that these Zactomodels Tomcat pallets are designed for the TRUMPETER kits but might fit other kits if you indeed "feel the need". 

The Trumpeter oily rubber wing boots or gloves similarly need replacing with resin parts. 

I guess the Trumpeter D's negligently designed short shot coaming can be rectified with plasticard and filler.

Already have the Zactomodels inlets & trunking for the Trumpeter kit and (while I've yet to fit it) it certainly looks the part. Turning out to be an expensive little kitty, but the best ones usually are. 

Tony