1/32 Academy F-16 SUFA

periklis_sale

Hi guys 

Part 1 of the step by step build of Academy 1/32 F-16I SUFA is now on my YouTube channel.

Final Part 2 of the step by step build of Academy 1/32 F-16I SUFA is now on my YouTube channel (click link below) 

Please Like and Share the video
Thank you

I won't really comment of the quality of the build, other than to say  I'm in a corer quietly crying to myself,  looking at my poor attempt at a sufa!

BUT I would stress one element of the build that I have experience of and that is the assembly of the wings and fuselage , the builder int he video follows the standard pattern of building the fuselage and then attaching completed wings .Having built 5 academy F-16s , hard won experience has led me to add the upper wings  to the upper fuselage piece before any other Assembly begins, that way you can adjust the fit precisely , remove the tab on the lower wing piece , assemble the fuselage top and bottom pieces, and once dry , attach the lower wings , Voila, perfect fit . Incidentally the same trick eliminates any wing gaps on Tamiya F-15 kits as well! 

Just a small heads up to all of you who might be want to try a Sufa or other variations of Academy F-16s , great kits apart from intake woes, and Zacto/Scott have got you covered in that respect!

colinR

39 minutes ago, Scotsman said:

I won't really comment of the quality of the build, other than to say  I'm in a corer quietly crying to myself,  looking at my poor attempt at a sufa!

BUT I would stress one element of the build that I have experience of and that is the assembly of the wings and fuselage , the builder int he video follows the standard pattern of building the fuselage and then attaching completed wings .Having built 5 academy F-16s , hard won experience has led me to add the upper wings  to the upper fuselage piece before any other Assembly begins, that way you can adjust the fit precisely , remove the tab on the lower wing piece , assemble the fuselage top and bottom pieces, and once dry , attach the lower wings , Voila, perfect fit . Incidentally the same trick eliminates any wing gaps on Tamiya F-15 kits as well! 

Just a small heads up to all of you who might be want to try a Sufa or other variations of Academy F-16s , great kits apart from intake woes, and Zacto/Scott have got you covered in that respect!

colinR

Colin thank you for the tip

I will definitely follow in the next build