New bridge or big Voodoo?

Tony T

I don't do Facebook so can't get much out of the post, but Kitty Hawk have included a cartoon of a P-40, and pictures of an RF-101B and a bridge, saying something like 'for 2019' and their biggest yet.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/Kitty-hawk-736521713066784/

The cynic in me thinks it's a model of a bridge; the optimist in me wonders if Kitty Hawk are up-scaling their quite delightful 1/48 F-101B/RF-101B kit to bigger, such as 1/32 scale? 

Sorry if this is a red herring, but I'd be delighted to see a big Voodoo. Maybe the new 1/48 versions are selling phenominally well (and I'm doing my bit!) 

Tony 

Edited by Tony T
to activate link, which seldom works without editing

Or maybe some symbolism, i.e. a bridge between the P-40 and RF-101B = 1/32 F-84F and RF-84F ?

Either or both or those or a big Voodoo will divert all my available funding to Kitty Hawk.

I often wondered if the fuselage break-down in the 1/48 Voodoos was always a precursor to 1/32 editions, but now I'm getting carried away by it all. 

Nothing wrong with dreams!

Tony 

Yawn.  The 48th scale Voodoos are typical KH.   Nice subjects but as always, flawed by multiple instances of not listening to the experts.    They’ll continue to ignore their advice and simply scale up their 48th scale kits, warts and all.  

It’s the Kittyhawk way, they can’t help themselves.   

37 minutes ago, John1 said:

Yawn.  The 48th scale Voodoos are typical KH.   Nice subjects but as always, flawed by multiple instances of not listening to the experts.    They’ll continue to ignore their advice and simply scale up their 48th scale kits, warts and all.  

It’s the Kittyhawk way, they can’t help themselves.   

What xactly is wrong (cf most kits) that render Kitty Hawk unusually flawed? 

I can count the Voodoo errors on one hand and other manufacturers' errors need at least both.

Tony

The P-40 poster appears to advertise the 2019 IPMS/USA national convention in Chattanooga. (See the fine print in the bottom left.) A Google image search likewise connects the bridge photo to Chattanooga. It looks to me like the first two photos are merely advertising KH's planned presence at next year's convention. The Voodoo photo looks to be an RF-101B. I assume all they're saying with that is to expect an RF-101B addition to their 1/48 Voodoo line next year. 

Cryptic indeed. While the two photos of the bridge and P-40 cartoon do seem to lead to Chattanooga, they also say 2019 will bring their largest project yet. That doesn't sound to me like a 1/48th Voodoo, as I think their 1/32nd offerings are larger, especially the F-5's and Mirage 2000. So maybe they will come out with a 1/32nd Voodoo! They also mention Panda, so something must be coming in 1/35th, too.

I bought two Kittyhawk 1/48 F-101B/RF-101B Voodoos which I got mid-June. This year is 2018. 

So, why advertise that as a 2019 release and state "our biggest yet" 

The way the kit is broken down, I honestly believe - or wish to  - that Kitty Hawk is going bigger with the Voodoo. 

I'm lovin' the fantasy

Tony