timvkampen

F-11F Tiger 1/32 revival!!!

12 hours ago, GEH737 said:

A good quality 1/32 T-38.  An incredible array or makings, across a wide number of users and Aerobatic teams.  NASA, foreign jets, test pilot chase, Fighter lead-in, Aggressors - the list goes on.

Plus a whole lot better than the goofy T-2 from the Navy...

18 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Note the Navy uses the T-38 as well!

100% agreed!  I would definitely buy a FM&P FD3, but I may have to buy TWO FM&P T-38s!!!!      I just love that little thing, and if it came from Fisher, you know the build ease and quality would be there! 

On 8/11/2018 at 8:15 AM, timvkampen said:

Paul,

a Blue Angels F-11F....sigh

best Tim

oeoeoeoeh yeah.......I AGREE TOTALLY!!!

Paul, maybe a few of us can help you fund a project, I certainly would participate in a crowd-funded project for the right aircraft. It might work! You could gather suggestions, put up a poll, then set up a crowd funded account if one plane gets a lot of support. 

Edited by 1to1scale

Here is my vote for the next FM&P project;

Its the right size (smaller) for a short run, has not ever been kitted (to my knowledge) in LSP form, would have a TON of weapons options, and a TON of air forces around the world used them. Its also pretty well universally known and liked too:

piiy3.jpg

15 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Here is my vote for the next FM&P project;

Its the right size (smaller) for a short run, has not ever been kitted (to my knowledge) in LSP form, would have a TON of weapons options, and a TON of air forces around the world used them. Its also pretty well universally known and liked too:

piiy3.jpg

+1

Mark

Fury and Tiger I'd pass on (even plastic) but Skyknight would be great. Surprised there'snot already an injected A/T-37.

How about old helos, specifically HO3S-1? Or consider Harrier updates/corrections?

I'd be in for a T-38 but only if Thunderbirds decals are available. 

Of the naval subjects mentioned, only the Tiger interests me, and that's not happening.

But when that Firefly is available I will be on it like cats on an overturned milk truck.

You guys make me laugh as some of those models you wish for are available as vac forms from me. I don't understand that when the manufacturers state that they are not comercially viable that you continue to dismiss Vac forms as a voodo art or something. They are nothing more than basic shapes granted but this is where the skill of the modeller comes in. I get it that not everyone desired to spend the effort making these type of models but with some work they can look spectacular and you will have the model of the aircraft that you always wanted! I am afraid that it will be down to people like me to produce these limited market models and if you really want somehting then don't be afraid and have a go. I suspect that some of those who decry Vac forms have never tried them  and are happy to be assemblers of plastic and resin accessories. I can tell you that from eperience that often some the the so called modern kits are just as awkward as vacs and more work. Some resin kits are really bad and some resin accessories just dont fit so the work you do to make them fit is not far off the level of work required to assemble a vac form. Please dont be blinkered by the comments of others and have a go you  may end up with something that you really wanted.

19 hours ago, tigger said:

You guys make me laugh as some of those models you wish for are available as vac forms from me. I don't understand that when the manufacturers state that they are not comercially viable that you continue to dismiss Vac forms as a voodo art or something. They are nothing more than basic shapes granted but this is where the skill of the modeller comes in. I get it that not everyone desired to spend the effort making these type of models but with some work they can look spectacular and you will have the model of the aircraft that you always wanted! I am afraid that it will be down to people like me to produce these limited market models and if you really want somehting then don't be afraid and have a go. I suspect that some of those who decry Vac forms have never tried them  and are happy to be assemblers of plastic and resin accessories. I can tell you that from eperience that often some the the so called modern kits are just as awkward as vacs and more work. Some resin kits are really bad and some resin accessories just dont fit so the work you do to make them fit is not far off the level of work required to assemble a vac form. Please dont be blinkered by the comments of others and have a go you  may end up with something that you really wanted.

while I agree with Tigger that Vacuform is a good alternative it does require a lot more skill and time from a modeler to build an accurate replica from Vacform. Also the tools you need to produce realistic parts can scare off the majority of modelers. I have tried it but I rather prefer a more complete resin / plastic kit as a basis. However, I do not rule out future vacform kits (such as the Streak / Flash which have been in the pipeline of KH forever). Anyway, crowdfunding could work. HpH is doing that with their B-52 in 1:48 which will still set you back for a whopping 775 euro (887 USD)....

How about the Super Tiger, the one that lost to the F-104 in the European Fighter Competition? You know, 'cuz of the bribery and all that. With a J-79 engine, it really looked the part!!! It may be a niche model, but I'm betting the folks here would buy it. I would.