ARCHER DOES AIRCRAFT (again)

Woody V

10 hours ago, Gerhard said:

Lets give it a week or two.  Our postal service went on strike for 2 weeks, so there is a back log. Will keep you posted.

If it's not there by now it never going to show up so I've refunded your money.

In the future, if you ever have a problem with a vendor please show them the courtesy of trying to resolve your issue with them directly before you air your grievances on a public forum. Have a nice day.

9 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Your kidding me! I think I have a couple, plus some of the squad leader/wing leader flags?

If the price tag is hand written they are indeed from the very beginning of Archer. We still sell the prop logos but haven't sold those leader flags since 1996 when we switched to armor. 

On 8/15/2018 at 5:33 AM, Archer Fine Transfers said:

We still sell the prop logos but haven't sold those leader flags since 1996 when we switched to armor. 

Hi Woody

I've got a set of leader flags, too. Had some Rotol prop mkgs, but gave them to Mike Grant for one of his projects.  Do you plan on reintroducing nose art, as well?  I have "Bobby Sox" and "5 Pounds plus Breakfast", but only in 1/72 - would sure like them in 1/48 and 1/32 (would get me to buy the HK B-17G for sure!).

Cheers,

D.B.

9 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Do you plan on reintroducing nose art, as well?  I have "Bobby Sox" and "5 Pounds plus Breakfast", but only in 1/72 - would sure like them in 1/48 and 1/32

Nose art.... man, we couldn't give those things away!

A lot has changed since we offered those and today Cartograf routinely prints photo-realistic nose art, something unheard of back in the day. I've also learned a lot about color correcting and other adjustments with Photoshop since then. Quite frankly some of the ones we offered back then weren't color corrected properly so I may just give it another go. Thanks for the suggestion.

Woody

On 8/13/2018 at 6:23 PM, Archer Fine Transfers said:

If it's not there by now it never going to show up so I've refunded your money.

In the future, if you ever have a problem with a vendor please show them the courtesy of trying to resolve your issue with them directly before you air your grievances on a public forum. Have a nice day.

Sorry if you took offence. It was not a grievance, purely an update for your behalf. Thanks for the refund. If they do show up, I will just send you the monies again.

Edited by Gerhard

Was looking for some cockpit placards in my stash and came upon on some of your old stuff. These look familiar?

1313210736_OldArcher.JPG.8049eac8ae48388e8b41e8f3363e1ce9.JPG

I have about a half dozen different sets of the prop stuff. Too bad I lost the info card on the command pennants; I would have liked to have seen it now. Note the copyright on the Rotol prop logos on the right is 1996, the Hamilton logos and data is several years later. Notice also the two have the same catalog number!

I don't have any of the noseart transfers; never even saw them! I must have hundreds of the AFV stuff, though, including the generic plaques which also work for aircraft!