Me-262 B1-a/U1 question...

alaninaustria

Hello everybody, can anybody tell me if there is substantial proof that Red 10 had the same RLM 76 upper surfaces, mottled together with RLM 81/83 - INCLUDING the upper wing surfaces?? I’ve been pouring over my sources and I am still confused!! 

The a/c in question is Werk Nummer: 1110635 (Me-262 B-1a/U1 of 10. NJG.

Thanxs

Cheers

Alan

To speculate further the port nacelle on Red 10 looks like a reverse mottle of RLM 76 over original (81/82?) with black under surfaces. The color image posted by Damian looks like the typical Luftwaffe night fighter scheme of RLM 75 over 76 with at least the nacelles and the starboard wing in black. Note the under surface of the fuselage is not painted black.

Edited by RBrown

Well, when I researched the Me 262 B decals for Eagle Editions (sheet 170), I concluded 82 or 83 for the horizontal surfaces. However, there is always a standard Luftwaffe disclaimer!!! :)

It did surprise me that few actually noticed this unique feature of Red 10. It isn't difficult to miss if you look closely at the photos.

HTH

Mark Proulx 

Me 262 B colors

The link above (Pages 10-16)  will take you to an analysis of the colors of Red 10 and three other Me 262s assigned to NJG 10.  Based on documentation by Mr. R. Belling (who examined one of the aircraft in 1954) and period photos, the article provides compelling evidence for the use of the late war greens in conjunction with RLM 76. 

Edited by RBrown

1 hour ago, RBrown said:

Me 262 B colors

The link above (Pages 11-16)  will take you to an analysis of the colors of Red 10 and three other Me 262s assigned to NJG 10.  Based on documentation by Mr. R. Belling (who examined one of the aircraft in 1954) and period photos, the article provides compelling evidence for the use of the late war greens in conjunction with RLM 76. 

Thanks so much for this. Much appreciated.