Spitfire Vb SAAF Libya

Marcleon

Some baby steps now... worked on the spinner and prop blades... the spinner now painted red (a theater marking but pretty universal in the SAAF) and the blades were reworked as Thierry suggests - some 10 thou plasti-card glued to the rear of the blades and then trimmed and shaped to make the chord of the blades longer - but keep the profile. Sorry, no in progress pics but I got quite involved! Then yellow tips sprayed, masked and black blades... but a few defects in the paint that will be touched up later..

2lsd6du.jpg

I also looked at the wheels in the kit and they weren't much different to the kit wheels - maybe a bit smaller, but they will be the same after sanding the seam line! I will use the kit ones and keep the AM for the Hobby Boss kit!

155pixs.jpg

What do you think?

Regards,

Marc

• 4 weeks later...

Some more baby steps... the area inside the fuselage behind station 11 of a Vb is silver - a protective coat, I think...so we sprayed that... don't worry about the wobbly colour separation line, it's behind the former! The wheel hubs are silver too, and the far side is visible, so paint that too! Started the interior colours, composite seat red-brown...

296dhrd.jpg

ATB,

Marc