richdlc

My New Publishing Company Launch!

Big announcement time!

After a gestation period of several years and many hiccups along the way, I am pleased to be able to announce the official launch of my publishing company 

CHANDOS PUBLICATIONS LIMITED

Our focus will initially be on Luftwaffe subjects, although we do plan to eventually expand. Our first book will be a greatly revised and expanded edition of Martin Pegg's long out of print and highly sought after book on the Hs129 Panzerjager, originally published by Classic Publications in 1997.

Check out the website here:

https://www.chandospublications.co.uk

As you navigate around the site, you'll find a 'follow us on Facebook' button - do please click on this and start following Chandos. Also, please let me know if you find any errors with the site, which has only just been built!

We hope to publish the book towards the end of this year. At the moment, the price is still to be determined, and I'll update that part of the site ASAP. For now, we are registering interest in the book - follow the instructions on the site to send us your name and email address. Once we are ready to launch (i.e. we have the product in our hands, and we have provided customers with a means of paying) we will send out a mailshot.

Thank you for looking at our site and we hope that our products will soon be on your bookshelves!
Rich

2 hours ago, Gerhard said:

Registered and following. Looks very good. Best of luck. 

many thanks!

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Great work Rich, will be following this and wishing you only the best for the new venture 

thank very much mate

2 hours ago, gunnyax said:

Super, I hope you do a reprint of the Classic publications Mistel book.

unlikely at the moment. Robert Forsyth kind of re-dit it in his softcover book for Osprey.  If you are desperate for a copy of the hardcover book I can get one for you

14 hours ago, richdlc said:

many thanks!

thank very much mate

unlikely at the moment. Robert Forsyth kind of re-dit it in his softcover book for Osprey.  If you are desperate for a copy of the hardcover book I can get one for you

Hi, I have the osprey book, but the Classic publication is hard to find you have to pay 200-300€ for it.

54 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Good luck Rich! 

Personally, if we are considering the Classic books, I think a reprint of their first title (the JV44 one) would be an interesting venture... 

Hi - thanks. Robert Forsyth himself stated that the book will never likely be reprinted in its current format as the original images were based on film slides, and the film has degraded over the last 20 years. He did mention the possibility of a softcover version, to which I reacted with horror! Besides, he is very busy. He'll be writing the follow up to our debut release, 'Blitz Bombers', until at least 2020, and after that has many more projects planned.

43 minutes ago, gunnyax said:

Hi, I have the osprey book, but the Classic publication is hard to find you have to pay 200-300€ for it.

not in my World! I'm a book dealer. I am confident I can find a copy for you, and I'd sell it at half that price