Don't blame me!  Maru is having a ton of problems posting pictures so I volunteered to post them.

I can't post them all, so here is the link to my ImageShack folder where I mixed my pics and Maru's. Maru took a ton of video's but ImageShack doesn't support video... Sorry Maru!

We were able to hang out with Radu (nicest guy ever!) and he was kind enough to sign the book of a modeler who did a really nice job with one of Radu's kits.  I thought that was pretty cool.

Q4aEVU.jpg

Speaking of who...  The Three Musketeers!:  Martin (left), Radu (center), Smitty44 (right)

49b539.jpg

We know this guy (Smitty44):

vlyfhu.jpg

Look who Ernie/Clunkmeister made friends with:

A5soC6.jpg

Martin (and my club member Jim Rotramel from the NovaIPMS club in the background).

mXx4mE.jpg

jAbmND.jpg

Maru was able to get this master modeler from ZM to sign the Mustang book.  How come I didn't get one?  If I remember correctly this is the gentleman who built the Horton 229.  I had a good conversation in Omaha about that fantastic work which he had on display. ZM is definitely VERY active in supporting our hobby:  For their raffle I think they gave away at least 25 items total (and had a room full of people!).  I had to go back and buy one of their kits.

lKxBDv.jpg

I want to build one of the Hustlers one of these days:

OHUdnO.jpg

XwXVV9.jpg

FVzC9c.jpg

xdTdtP.jpg

qp5abC.jpg

WcS330.jpg

WccVHo.jpg

Check out my ImageShack link above.

Chris

Guest Clunkmeister

Martin looks (quite) hung over.  I believe the agreement at the time was that he looked like he’d been sneaking into the Fukushima Nuclear Plant without a suit, checking for secrets.

10 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Martin looks (quite) hung over.  I believe the agreement at the time was that he looked like he’d been sneaking into the Fukushima Nuclear Plant without a suit, checking for secrets.

Good to finally meet you, Ernie, in oh god way too hot Phoenix!!  I missed the LSP dinner as we had a club dinner Thursday night, but hope to schedule better for Chattanooga.  

The folks in my club have a warm relationship with the ZM folks, and Mr. Shigeta is always pleasant to be around.  Looks like they are making progress on their FW 190 too!

Chris

Chris, great to meet you ! You were missed at the dinner. What a great time had by all.....Harv

17 hours ago, Dragon said:

Thank you for sharing your pics Maru!

And thank you CANicoll for posting them for him!

Mike

Thank you Mike.

I just could not post them So I asked Chris*him being all knowing about techie things* to post them and he kindly said yes.

I sent him a lot of photos ..poor thing.

Anyway glad you enjoyed them... I took detailed shot of Zukei Muras models on show...  but poor Chris  ... I appreciate it Chris.

Muchly thank you.

Thank you.:thumbsup:

Thanks Maru / Chris  (team effort) :speak_cool:

8 hours ago, CANicoll said:

...  Looks like they are making progress on their FW 190 too!

Hi Chris , did you talk to someone about the 190 ?

Others have said there was nothing re the 190 at the ZM stand  :shrug:

What's the scoop ??

22 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Thanks Maru / Chris  (team effort) :speak_cool:

Hi Chris , did you talk to someone about the 190 ?

Others have said there was nothing re the 190 at the ZM stand  :shrug:

What's the scoop ??

The ZM guys had a 190A at the booth in Phoenix, but it was the same initial single piece roughout CAD/CAM stage it was last year in 2017.

Posted (edited)

I have fond memories of hanging out in the ZM booth at the Nationals last year. The nicest men.  The A-12 was on display and I knew I had to buy one.

Rick

Edited by Rick Griewski

I also saw the FW-190 mentioned in the lastest ZM blog post (blog 100): In the next entry of this blog, I will write about:
the twin-engined combat aircraft, 1/32 Hs 129, which is now in the final phase of development,
progress report on 1/32 Fw 190 our challenge for development of a famous aircraft, one of the 5 best battle planes.  
For our dearest SWS fans, we will not let you sleep!

2 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

I have fond memories of hanging out in the ZM booth at the Nationals last year. The nicest men.  The A-12 was on display and I knew I had to buy one.

Rick

Rick:  I actually had no intent to buy another kit at Nats, but with the consistent (and generous) support ZM shows the entire hobby but also bothering to come up and talk to us at the LSP meet and greet - well, I figured I'd support ZM as well.  I also bought some of their (amazing) bases (two!) to go with the three I bought last year at Nats.

Chris

5 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Thank you Mike.

I just could not post them So I asked Chris*him being all knowing about techie things* to post them and he kindly said yes.

I sent him a lot of photos ..poor thing.

Anyway glad you enjoyed them... I took detailed shot of Zukei Muras models on show...  but poor Chris  ... I appreciate it Chris.

Muchly thank you.

Thank you.:thumbsup:

So I think all of the ZM photos are in the ImageShack folder, so please do look there!

Good luck!

Chris