Sign in to follow this  
1to1scale

Coffee Table Display Cabinet for LSP’s

24 minutes ago, Maxim said:

Just remember they look bigger than they are. They are 27.5" wide by about 15" high. I would suggest that you look at one at IKEA before you buy.

Also, the website says "Delivery starting at $29!", almost half the price of the table itself, for a total of $98.99, or add $1.01 and figure $100 apiece...:wacko:

Looking at my kits, this table would fit my B-25 or P-61, but sadly not my B-17. Although I have heard someone makes one that is around 37” square. I’m still trying to find out who makes it.

I considered building something like this for my N scale train set years ago, then thought better of it. Now the train sits packed in a box, never to be used again.

19 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

I have called around, the issue is always the cost of custom glass. I called a few minutes ago, a 28 x 64" piece of tempered glass runs about $250. so a whole display cabinet would be very costly.

Perspex rather than glass?

21 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

I have called around, the issue is always the cost of custom glass. I called a few minutes ago, a 28 x 64" piece of tempered glass runs about $250. so a whole display cabinet would be very costly.

Yes I work for a custom cabinet shop and they (the whole unit) can be crazy expensive depending on your budget, however they are one off pieces that no one else has.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Yes I work for a custom cabinet shop and they (the whole unit) can be crazy expensive depending on your budget, however they are one off pieces that no one else has.

I actually found that the cheapest way is to find an IKEA or similar cabinet with a bunch of glass, and build a cabinet using that glass. I am planning a custom display case using cheap IKEA glass.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LSP_Matt said:

I see full sized display cabinets go for cheap second hand on auction websites. In Australia  GraysOnline.com.au

Matty

I have been looking, but commercial cases are usually 18-20 inched deep. To accommodate a B-17 or Lanc, you need at least 29" deep.

Edited by 1to1scale