Sopwith Dolphin WnW

scvrobeson

Well, I'm back.  I've been out of the LSP loop for while, mostly because of work, and also because I didn't really have any sort of setup to take and share pictures.  But I've been working on the absolutely brilliant WnW Dolphin for the last 6 months or so, and it's finally finished.  It's mostly OOB, with a Barracuda resin seat, HGW seatbelts, and Gaspatch turnbuckles and eyelets. 

hSRW6Ea.jpg

kyrZxiQ.jpg

QTBsrlB.jpg

8MPW26q.jpg

un7HW9j.jpg

fOYCadq.jpg

imifDgR.jpg

bJm6nf2.jpg

OFQCxZR.jpg

fRNosyB.jpg

9 hours ago, rjones726 said:

Wow! Nice work. I really think you nailed the "wear and tear". What did you use for the PC 12 ?

v/r,

Rob

Thanks!  It's Mr. Paint for the PC12, and then I weathered it and highlighted it with Tamiya Wooden Deck Brown, XF-78

Matt 

Thanks for the awesome feedback everyone.  If you see something that's amiss, please, do not hesitate to let me know.  I'd rather you guys catch it than a judge. I can already see I need to redo the gun barrel for the Vickers, it's a big wonky

Matt 

5 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Thanks!  It's Mr. Paint for the PC12, and then I weathered it and highlighted it with Tamiya Wooden Deck Brown, XF-78

Matt 

That is great to hear Matt. I am working on a camel and I plan on using Mr Paint as well. I wasn't sure I'd like it but after seeing your Dolphin all is well :)

v/r,

Rob

Welcome back, and an impressive return! You’ve brought this kit to life with the weathering and scheme. I always had a fascination with this aircraft and yours is one of the best I’ve seen. A very minor suugestion would be to add some weathering to the lower rigging to match the rest of the aircraft. Again, splendid work!

Cheers,  Tom