Revell Ju88A-4 TECHNIK

Rick K

I bought the Technik version of this kit when it was released in UK, its not worth the extra price IMHO.

I'm actually thinking of keeping its electro motors and bits n bobs for my in progress Revell Junkers Ju 88A-1 and selling the A-4 on Ebay minus those parts and mentioning it too of course, as that seems a rarer Revell Ju-88 ? for sure, the model can be built without the motors and parts and the A-1 can be built with them too ... I've checked.

I only have room for one Ju-88.

Or just save the Technik parts for some other project ... Revell never really fleshed it out well IMHO, have the Tamiya sound action Zero, and it nothing as comprehensive as that ... just one little basic LED for whole cockpit glow ... not an instrument back panel lighting effect as I'd thought.

ROckfCX.jpg

SncC3YP.jpg

On 8/9/2018 at 4:09 AM, RBrown said:

Personally I'd much rather Revell release a fighter version of the Ju 88. 

Or ANY other version ... 

19 hours ago, Gerhard said:

At $220 with shipping, excluding duties ans VAT, I will skip this one. 

It's puzzling ... Even with the inclusion of the near useless additional 'gimmicks' it's hard to justify the substantial price hike.

I can understand if the pricing point on re-releases of the originals has to go up ... as prices go up on most things over time ... 

But what used to equate with between a $80-100 kit (shipped) jumping to $280-300 (AUD) is unjustifiable.

A re-release of the originals at say $150-180 AUD would be understandable ... with the electronics as a side/separate purchase.

2 hours ago, Southern Bandit said:

I'd much rather they released a 1/32 Dornier Do 17 !

... You and a great many of us, I'm sure!

Rog :)

On 8/12/2018 at 5:00 PM, TimHepplestone said:

Scale Avitaion Modeller International have a build review in their July edition. Looks quite cool what with interior lights, prop start up sequence etc, only thing is ... no pilots included . At least in the magazine article. Dont know if the kit has any???

Nope, no pilot or crew figures included, am thinking Ju-88 1/32 pilot crew figures would be very hard to source to make this a proper start up and lit diorama, no sound either, very expensive kit for whats added IMHO, just bought mine on impulse!