Chattanooga 2019 convention

phantom

On 8/5/2019 at 7:50 AM, Shoggz said:

Sorry to hear that Chris.. 

Hoping for a speedy recovery to Mrs Chris

I can only dream of getting to Chattanooga, but yes, hopefully see you at Telford in a few months' time. Where does the time go?!

Yes!  Will see you in Telford (pending any further dramatics!)

Please send my best wishes to your mom Chris, I know exactly how you feel with my 88 year old mom breaking her hip last year. She repaired well and is back up and about. 

Hopefully see you in Telford then Chris. 

To my US cousins, have a great convention and send lots of pics. 

I will try and get there one year all being well. 

I got there Wednesday afternoon just as the vendor room opened. Talk about overwhelming, wow what a huge space. Got a few good, not great deals in the vendor room, met Radu at the SAM table, a great guy. The Zoukei-Mura group was a lot of fun, the "Old Man" and I had a fun conversation through his interpreter. I bought their new F-4J in 1/48. The Wingnut Wings boys were there and also fun to talk shop with, they had some good deals on their kits, I got a T-shirt from them. They had a couple of Lancasters there, both sprues and built-ups. Stunning. New Dr.1 looks good, I forget how tiny they are even in 1/32. The model display room was almost full when I left Thursday at 1pm, someone said they were ordering more tables as most were getting crowded with models and there was still 1 more day to go for entries to arrive. I think we could easily see a new record on number of entries. All in all it was a good show at a great facility, lighting was excellent and plenty of room in both vendor and display rooms to move around. Everyone seemed to be having a great time.

Edited by David G
addition