1/32 P-51B, P-40B instead of P-51H?

cbk57

19 hours ago, GrahamF said:

Couldn't you just convert a Zero kit for those two?!

Graham 

For that much work I would just scratch build each plane and maybe just take a few minor parts from old Revell Zero kits for details.

Or just wait for the nether regions to freeze over for that is when we will see a real kit by any of the big manufacturers.:crying:

6 hours ago, A340 Pilot said:

Apart from the very shallow cockpit of the Trumpeter P-40B, are there any other serious flaws with this kit to warrant another 1/32 kit?

Stein M 

The entire surface is covered in oversized recessed rivets, the shape people say the proportions are a bit off.  The level of surface detail is just not what can be done today, pushing 20 year old molds now.  Newer is better with what is being done now.

2 hours ago, cbk57 said:

The entire surface is covered in oversized recessed rivets, the shape people say the proportions are a bit off.  The level of surface detail is just not what can be done today, pushing 20 year old molds now.  Newer is better with what is being done now.

I have an extra Special Hobby P-36 set aside to convert into a Tomahawk.

Which company supplied us with a wonderfully stubby short rear fuselage P-39?  All that wonderful aftermarket photo etched supplied in the same box?   Maybe this is the company we should be colaberating with?   They could redeem themselves with an awesome offering and we’d all be in heaven.  On the flip side, if the fuselage is again short, we could keep all those super talented aftermarket guys happy with an ad hock quick to the market resin fuselage plug!  The decals guru’s would certainly make a killing off us silly collectors.  Those guys that need a clear resin Malcolm hood would join in (if not supplied already in the kit) with a cottage industry supplied hood.   Perhaps the kit would come out before the end of the year and a certain demographic would be really happy with a rectangle box wrapped under a silly green tree displayed for a couple weeks inside their dwelling in late December.  The original kit manufacture would make millions upon millions and they would spend it back on R&D and a wonderful Kate or a Rex or maybe a lovely Pete  just might  show up this decade!   Me, on the other hand,  I have nitch market all covered on a well planned, extremely well  engineered set of white wall decals for the P-51B,  but please don’t tell anyone!  They were measured off a real white wall tire from a vintage P-51B I found on eBay!  

Shhhhhh!   

I’m all in guys.  Sign me up.  

I saw the new Lancaster has a release date in October.  If HK can make money on that thing surely we could get some of the single engine planes we really want done.  I know there are some really passionate builders on here that want a 1/32 Lancaster, I think it is a neat idea, but I can’t imagine that the demand for it is near what a P-40B or some others we want would be.