Jennings Heilig

JASDF F-104 Decal Poll

JASDF F-104 Decal Poll  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to pre-pay to make a 1/32 JASDF F-104 decal feasible?

• Yes
    • No

Thats what kinda got me...................even the usual schemes for the Japanese 104s are lacking in decals; never-mind the TF!   I can easily cut out my own Hinomaru, but the intake stuff, Japanese lettering stencils and the squadron stuff is a bit more than I can tackle by myself at this point. 

4 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

The only one I’d be interested in is something like this.  Not really interested in normal NMF or overall gray birds.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Japan-Air-Force/Lockheed-Mitsubishi-F-104J-Starfighter/872353

And there’s the problem:  that’s a one-off.  You’re interested in it, but it would take a bunch of work just to do that one aircraft (from a decal art standpoint), and the shark mouth and other stuff would take up a fair amount of extra room on a sheet.

Hi Jennings - I voted YES and would vote YES again and again for you to provide decals for JASDF '104s'!!!

No instructions wouldn't be a biggy for me as there is a fair bit of info out there but I would plead with you to provide Hinomarus' as I, like a lot of modellers I know, really don't like masking, simple as it is! Stencils, squadron emblems and JASDF lettering is what's required, in my view and if you do this, in early 2019 even, I'll be a happy bunny!

My money is ready and waiting for you. Excellent job on the Corsair decals by the way!!!

Best regards,

Steve S.

Having bought his Wessex sheet in the same pre-order way, if there are any doubters out there, I would say, give it a go! Please!

I will canvas my group to see who would be interested again and then place a multiple order if the project goes ahead.

Fingers crossed, we JASDF fans want this stuff!

2 minutes ago, Royboy said:

Having bought his Wessex sheet in the same pre-order way, if there are any doubters out there, I would say, give it a go! Please!

I will canvas my group to see who would be interested again and then place a multiple order if the project goes ahead.

Fingers crossed, we JASDF fans want this stuff!

100% agreed! 

This, along with their forthcoming F5E and F together with USAF TF/F 104s', will be making their way into my stash as soon as they pop up here in the UK!!!

The series is a brilliant set of little kits which really aid in not losing your modelling mojo!!

Steve S. - waiting patiently for my Italeri TF104G.

4 hours ago, SharkOwl said:

Something interesting here for the Japan F-104 Fans !

B)

SharkOwl

8612591cd88e315d45eddd20eb065cab.jpgb5e8de7369cd133b0ec8270a7e306a86.jpg

That is TOO cool! I was thinking about doing TF 001 as my two seater bird, so this is just neat! 

Might have to pick one of these up.....

19 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

That is TOO cool! I was thinking about doing TF 001 as my two seater bird, so this is just neat! 

Might have to pick one of these up.....

Concerning these ''cartoonish'' kits, Freedom Model Kits told me on their facebook page that are around 11 centimeters long.

:)

SharkOwl 

4 hours ago, SharkOwl said:

Concerning these ''cartoonish'' kits, Freedom Model Kits told me on their facebook page that are around 11 centimeters long.

Having looked around for these, including on the Freedom web site it appears this whole series (including a USAF F-104/TF-104 an F-5 and F-20) is still forthcoming/coming soon.