1/32 Revell F-4E 50TFW - In-Flight and Lit Up

RichieB

Many thanks for the very kind comments chaps, they are all greatly appreciated. This forum has been inspirational and informative in equal measure and a great showcase for the masses of talent out there that help make this such a pleasurable hobby. I commend anyone who has yet to start a build thread here to have a go, you will not regret it!

Ivan - love the photo!

Gerhard - The acrylic rods were heated in an oven to about 150 deg C then bent over a large tube. I had to do this over a number of attempts to avoid putting too much pressure on the rods when bending them. You may need a straight edge to straighten the ends so they fit in the holes neatly. Be aware that the rods I used were quite thick (10mm) to support all that weight (lots of resin bits) and they expanded to ~11mm so I had to file them back down at the ends!

This is a great model made even better by the in flight display you have created.  Wow! 

I wish more modelers would display their aircraft in flight; they look so boring and often awkward sitting on the ground on their landing gear.   Kind of like a Formula One race car sitting on jack stands in the garage with its wheels off!

Congratulations on all your hard work! 

Lotus-Garage-Tour-2012-F1-US-Grand-Prix-