iaf-man

How about a F-82 follow on to the Spad? :-)

41 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Unlike the Spads, which are a conversion, the F-82s would require a complete kit.  There really isn’t anything you can use as a base, except to maybe get a few small parts from.

Very true but that has never stopped Paul & company before.

Barry

Ive got one of Ken Friends F-82Bs, complete with Betty Joe decals, and its very coveted by me............if Paul ever did one it would be a NO BRAINER. However, as was pointed out it would be a LOT of work since it would need to be a complete kit. 

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Ive got one of Ken Friends F-82Bs, complete with Betty Joe decals, and its very coveted by me............if Paul ever did one it would be a NO BRAINER. However, as was pointed out it would be a LOT of work since it would need to be a complete kit. 

I'm holding one of Ken's kits very close to the vest as well!

Barry

8 hours ago, A340 Pilot said:

It's an Air Force thing. Paul might just as well do an F-94 or an F-89!

Nope! I'm looking for some FJ's. Definitely an FJ-4!

Stein M 

Well-combo 2 kits with reduced price :thumbsup:

I'm in

Just so you know, I love the idea of the F-82,  but having thought about it many times, the size and cost of the kit dampens my enthusiasm.I think it's one of those subjects we all like, but very few would be into spending the bucks needed to buy it in numbers large enough for me to turn any real profit.

Having said all  that, every time I see Ken's model I get "The Fizz" and go all starry eyed.My Dad was USAAF in WW-2 and my son and his wife were both in the USAF until about two months ago....I love the Chair Force as much as any guy, it's those pesky NMF paint jobs that gimme the scours.

Paul

Indeed, Ken's kit is a BIG chunk of resin for sure.

I've always seriously thought about going with a night fighter and utilizing the "pickle" Ken's kit came with.

49 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Well, as the Stones used to sing: "paint it black"! ;-)

Yep, that was/is still my plan........................

19 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I've always seriously thought about going with a night fighter and utilizing the "pickle" Ken's kit came with.

Ive seen a TON of NMF F/P-82s and every single example of Kens kit (obviously with the foil master) have been in NMF.  Ive not ever really done a night fighter/overall black  aircraft so that seemed like a cool way to go for that kit for me.

Plus, the giant radar pickle sticking out makes for a really unique looking model IMHO.