2018 Phoenix Nat Pictures

CANicoll

16 hours ago, BiggTim said:

Like the group photo at the meet & greet with the ZM folks? I still haven't seen that one. 

That photo was a disaster. I was in the back row with at least two more rows of people in front of me. when the photo was taken everyone raised their hands in a "hooray" blocking everyone behind the first row. So, you may have a photo of the first row of people and a lot of raised arms. :-) 

Radu 

9 minutes ago, MARU5137 said:

Radu .. but everyone knows if you aren't TALL YOU GO TO THE FRONT.. I am even taller than you and heck... maybe WE should go back to retake the shot.

:rofl:

Yeah, let's go back! But somehow I imagine that Phoenix is not that much fun without a model show. 

I did not need to go to the front. I could see the camera, which means that the camera could see me. But then the arms went up and "pffft" went the photo op. ;)

Radu 

On 8/9/2018 at 9:48 AM, Brad-M said:

This was my one and only LSP entry.

Brad

Ahhhh, so that was YOUR Spitfire, Brad! We ran in to each other in the vendors room but you never mentioned you had brought anything in for the show. Well done Brad!

Cheers,

Wolf

On 8/10/2018 at 9:24 AM, MARU5137 said:

I took a few videos but as you guessed already I am not much good at posting photos or videos.

Anyhoo I found this on YouTube.

"IPMS National Convention 2018 - Contest Room - Phoenix, Arizona Aug. 4th" on YouTube.

Hello everybody, can anybody tell me which grass mat that is that Brad used for the Spitfire display? He has pointed me to the source (seller); 

customerservice@scenicexpress.com

I am at a loss to decide which grass matt would look the part for my 1/32 Tempest  display base? Anybody have any suggestions? All feedback appreciated! 

Thanks!

Cheers

Alan

BTW - Brads Spitfire is the above lovely build displayed so nicely on the wooden base!

If the Guy that did the wee Lysander is from Los Angeles are, I saw that at Orange Con, and it is truly a gem. Made from an old Airfix kit; late 60s early 70s.

Some very fine work, and I must make it next year, Chattanooga,IIRC?