2018 Phoenix Nat Pictures

CANicoll

And here's a few more.  Many of you are represented here so stand up and be recognized!  The Dora and He 162 were both built by the same person and were awesome.  I think he also won Best Aircraft with a Lysander 1/48.  IMG_1738_zpsnzxr3q3l.jpgIMG_1567_zps4kbmtbe2.jpgIMG_1580_zpsymqnlg44.jpgIMG_1577_zpsnvcociow.jpgIMG_1601_zpsw5vpothd.jpgIMG_1583_zpsghpn2cjf.jpgIMG_1606_zpsdxwqegds.jpgIMG_1481_zpsn1diwqtq.jpgIMG_1612_zpskuasrreq.jpgIMG_1466_zpsrxj4n7ku.jpgIMG_1464_zpsak95nmyl.jpg

I'll put some more up later.  The winners have been posted as well .

http://svsm.org/gallery/phoenix2018

Bob @ Victory Models

Thanks Bob! My little Extra doesn't look too bad in pics. A LOT better than I look in pics that's for sure.

Tim and I talked at length with Keith (the gent who won best aircraft as well as Getting 2nd to Wolfs Spit with the Dora) and he was very nice and down to earth. We even might have talked him into coming on LSP.

12 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Thanks Bob! My little Extra doesn't look too bad in pics. A LOT better than I look in pics that's for sure.

Tim and I talked at length with Keith (the gent who won best aircraft as well as Getting 2nd to Wolfs Spit with the Dora) and he was very nice and down to earth. We even might have talked him into coming on LSP.

Yes, his name is Keith Mundt, from San Clemente, CA, Orange County IPMS. I'm tracking down his contact info to follow up on the invite.

We also need to post some more pictures of our LSP posse. I was very derelict about taking them, but I know lots of you did, so please get them posted!! Like the group photo at the meet & greet with the ZM folks? I still haven't seen that one. 

Edited by BiggTim

It was fun to meet the group for sure.  It was cool to put the faces with the names...err...online handles...  CANicoll made me laugh when he explained the meaning!  I always just said "can-e-coal"! :D   Big shout out to BiggTim for the t-shirt effort.  Lots of fun for sure and I got to meet a modeler/historian I've admired for a long time (David Weeks).  I even got to meet Zactoman...even though he was just looking for Kenny...  Unfortunately my two LSPs only came in 4th and 5th out of three...:blush:

Edited by Bravo52

12 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

As a matter of interest, did HKM attend?

5 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Yeah, I listed KHM twice instead of HKM. 

I meant that Bomber County said HKM, he didn't ask about KHM at all. That's why your response confused me, not that it's hard to do. Did you mean to say that NEITHER Hong Kong or KittyHawk were there? I thought I saw a Hong Kong booth?

On 8/7/2018 at 2:27 PM, 3Putt said:

I had to start with this one even though it's not 1/32.  I haven't seen any mention of it because I think he got there pretty late on Friday but yes, the Millenium Falcon would hover above the base as Han Solo gave his famous "You haven't heard of the Millenium Falcon?" speech.  Apparently using Rare Earth magnets in the model and the base?  Everyone around there was dumbfounded.

Bob @ Victory Models

Very cool, but have to wonder how many hotel keys were wiped clean and didn't work after viewing it

LOL

On 8/7/2018 at 2:27 PM, 3Putt said:

I had to start with this one even though it's not 1/32.  I haven't seen any mention of it because I think he got there pretty late on Friday but yes, the Millenium Falcon would hover above the base as Han Solo gave his famous "You haven't heard of the Millenium Falcon?" speech.  Apparently using Rare Earth magnets in the model and the base?  Everyone around there was dumbfounded.

Bob @ Victory Models

Bummed that I missed this somehow!!!

9 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I saw the Lanc, but didnt think that was HKM?

MBK-USA had a test shot of the HK Models Lancaster and another shop (that I too thought was HK Models or a representative) had a Lancaster test shot as well so there were actually 2 Lancaster test shots floating around.  I dry fitted the fuselage and it fit like a dream; should be a great kit.

Bob

14 minutes ago, 3Putt said:

MBK-USA had a test shot of the HK Models Lancaster and another shop (that I too thought was HK Models or a representative) had a Lancaster test shot as well so there were actually 2 Lancaster test shots floating around.  I dry fitted the fuselage and it fit like a dream; should be a great kit.

Bob

YEah I entered their drawing for it, but I never actually saw HKM as a company itself represented. 

17 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

I did mean Hong Kong Models, I just thought when KHM was mentioned it was a typo........anyway, so neither turned up........hmmmmmm

Haha, yeah that was my fault. I got my acronyms confused. But correct, neither HKM nor KHM were there represented as a company.