2018 Phoenix Nat Pictures

CANicoll

Hi folks, drop your Nats pictures here or links to your folders.  I'll create a separate link for the PIMA tour for those of us who went.

Here are some of my pictures - of all scales but mostly 1/32 and some of the vendor area.  Apologies for the wrong white balance.

Vendor area was decent sized - but just one area (compared to Omaha last year where the vendors were in several rooms).  These pics were during set up.

Of the major manufacturers - it was Eduard, Special Hobby/CMK and Zoukie Mura.  Check out the LSP meeting pictures (separate thread) where the Pres of ZM and his son (doing the translation) came to visit us.  REALLY nice to see the support by all of these manufacturers, but esp ZM to come visit our meet and greet.  And holding their typical huge raffle.

Of the online shops - Squadron had a large area, but not nearly the stock they had in Omaha and SprueBrothers had a couple of simple tables - no stock, and were raffling off their T-Shirts.  Not the best showing.  Overall I think the vendor area was disappointing in quantity of vendors, quality of vendors (Eduard, SH and ZM excepted).  Show organization overall left something to be desired as well - the tours were not well managed including the culinary event a number of our club member's wives attended - two-two hour bus rides with no AC.  They were NOT pleased!

5xlNHS.jpg

cWTqYi.jpg

The Revell Mustangs did not go as fast as I thought they would.

qbK2dQ.jpg

7NQzlC.jpg

And on to the planes!!  The 1/32 scale was very well represented, but I saw only Tamiya Mustangs - no Revell or ZM (but I might have missed them).

H2ab3n.jpg

Jomybn.jpg

m2UcHf.jpg

LN0zln.jpg

YzhQMK.jpg

LKdyCv.jpg

iH3YUV.jpg

ItUkav.jpg

It was fantastic to see so many LSP'ers there and thanks to Mike and Brian and Tim for organizing our get together (and meeting so many of us on the PIMA tour as well).  Looking forward to Chattanooga in 2019.

Hope you enjoy!

Chris

Hi Mike!  Nice to have met you and have a chance to chat.  My avatar is my friend at the helm of his B-17G.  Small world huh?

Supposed to be announced at the banquet which will happen in a few hours.  The US IPMS organization likes to make the banquet into an awards ceremony. 

Chris