Revell Spitfire Vb - Finished!

BloorwestSiR

My preference for doing roundels is with masks and painting them on. I'm using the Montex mask set for the markings. 

IMG_20180813_225123-L.jpg

The codes for the plane have a thin white border around them. Montex give you decals for them as well as masks just in case you find it too hard to work with the thin outline mask. 

IMG_20180814_001716-L.jpg

IMG_20180814_001722-L.jpg

IMG_20180814_002426-L.jpg

The completed markings all painted. I still have stencils and wing walkways to add.

IMG_20180814_004737-L.jpg

Carl

13 hours ago, Scale32 said:

Man that looks pretty good!

Cheers Bevan

11 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Looks bloody awesome, mate!

Thanks Bevan and Gaz! I always prefer the look of painted markings to decals so I don't mind the extra bit of work. 

9 hours ago, dennismcc said:

That last photo of yours looks just like the wartime photo of the same aircraft, nice one

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis! I'll have to look it up and check it out. 

9 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Man the colors and markings look spot on.  Loving this one!  Thanks for sharing this with us Carl.    I did the same bird years ago and still have it.   The old Hasegawa offering.   

Troy 

Thanks Troy! I never did build the Hasegawa kit. Wouldn't mind seeing a pic if you have any. 

Thanks to some self inflicted challenges, namely losing one of the gear legs I'm fitting a spare set of Tamiya ones to the plane. This involves loping the top off the Tamiya leg and grafting on the top of the Revell one. Since the Tamiya leg has a metal rod for support, I drilled a hole in the Revell bit and they were glued and pinned together. 

IMG_20180814_110139-L.jpg

IMG_20180814_125636-L.jpg

While those dried, I painted on the wing walkways lines using Tamiya Rubber Black. 

IMG_20180814_132428-L.jpg

1 hour ago, Bill_S said:

Great work! And fast, too!

Is there any chance you can get a length and maximum width on those lower gun blisters?  I'm wondering if I can use them on another project...

Thanks Bill!

The lower gun blisters are 23.46mm long and 11.96 mm at their widest point. 

Carl