Lacquer over acrylics

LSP_K2

I know this general topic has been discussed to death, but I don't recall this specific question ever coming up, let alone being answered. Is Testors clear lacquer safe to use over Tamiya acrylics? (I'm referring to the specific clear shown below.)

I really need to clear coat a George that I'm working on  (the Tamiya paint is so delicate), and don't know if I can trust this product. I've used it to great effect (thank you, Brian) over enamels, but have never tried it over acrylics.

Thanks a bunch,

aXlHKu.jpg

Why I didn't think of this before is anyone's guess, but I do have a test dummy (Monogram F-100) that I sprayed the Tamiya green on, so I'll just shoot that and see what happens. Stay tuned,...

OK, fellas, this is that exact same lacquer over the Tamiya acrylic, no ill effects whatsoever and looks just wonderful, so it looks like I'm good to go for clear coating the George. Shot on over a half hour ago (two fairly wet coats), there is absolutely no evidence of the lacquer attacking the acrylic;... I'm a happy guy.

xd7d3u.jpg