A-6A/E Exhausts & F-16 HTS Pod from Sierra Hotel

allthumbs

5 hours ago, Luca said:

Thierry, I live in Italy....I have to take a long swim to get there :)

I knew it Luca. This is precisely why I wrote that... Note that even if I am located (a very little bit) closer as I would not have to cross the Mediterranean sea, swimming in the North Sea is a far less fun experience... ;-) 

5 hours ago, Luca said:

Thierry, I live in Italy....I have to take a long swim to get there :)

Unfortunately, it’s not a joke.  Almost everything on the SH website is, and has been for years, out of stock or coming soon.  About the only reliable way to get anything from them, and even at that probably only newish stuff as a lot is probably OOP, is to get it from them at the US Nats.  Honestly if you want Revell F-4 stuff, you are better off getting things from GT Resin or other companies that produce products and make them available.

I think the SH stuff is great, but to be honest, it’s not worth the massive effort to try and get anything from them, especially since the chances of success are very low.

Edited by Dave Williams

22 hours ago, phantomdriver said:

Indeed it is.. It took at least 5 pm's via here  to Netz, and then personal emails to even get a response.....

Then a string of emails to finally get what I needed ( after 6 weeks)...

The response from either partner was ......"... that's his responsibility   etc.."

or "... we've been having email problems via the domain name..."

Honestly, I don't know why they bother, as it's frustrating to modellers who want their products...

Times two..... it is very VERY complicate getting anything from them and always have different reasons....

safer , faster  and better service from GT, as far has I'm concern for Phantom items.

Dan.

I got one of the new A-6 sets graciously from allthumbs at the nats. The set is pristine. Test fitting the pipe components is pretty much perfect, the tabs are exact fit. The edges on the outlet side are super thin (this is good thing). Excellent set.

I share the comments as others about SH lack of availability though. I have a stack of A-6s and could do with several more sets but I suspect this may be one and only one unfortunately. I wanted to pick up the A-6 wheels at the 2016 SC nats but missed out, they're still listed as in work on the website (looks like no news has been posted since Apr 2013). I really hope SH ramps up production. So many great sets, just a shame they're very hard to get. 

Another good option is our own Gary at GT resins. He has excellent stuff for F-4's. Hopefully some A6 stuff. But his Phantom stuff can't be beat !...... Harv

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to purchase their 1/48 F-22 correction set since the Nat's ended. I sent them a message on their contact us page on their website. Mike responded right away and sent me a Paypal invoice, and I sent a payment, and received it in the mail a week later. You might have luck buying something that way. HTH

On 8/14/2018 at 9:14 AM, harvey said:

Another good option is our own Gary at GT resins. He has excellent stuff for F-4's. Hopefully some A6 stuff. But his Phantom stuff can't be beat !...... Harv

Still feel our original Revell F-4 Intakes are the best; just saying  :P

On 8/25/2018 at 9:20 AM, jenshb said:

I see that Curt ("Netz") hasn't visited since 2008, so PM'ing him may not give any results.  Would be nice to get some copies of the F-15 wheels I mastered for them some five or six years ago...:(

Jens

Jens, note that Curt is no longer working SHM orders. F-15 wheels; you should have the message by now. 

On 8/13/2018 at 6:26 PM, ziggyfoos said:

I got one of the new A-6 sets graciously from allthumbs at the nats. The set is pristine. Test fitting the pipe components is pretty much perfect, the tabs are exact fit. The edges on the outlet side are super thin (this is good thing). Excellent set.

I share the comments as others about SH lack of availability though. I have a stack of A-6s and could do with several more sets but I suspect this may be one and only one unfortunately. I wanted to pick up the A-6 wheels at the 2016 SC nats but missed out, they're still listed as in work on the website (looks like no news has been posted since Apr 2013). I really hope SH ramps up production. So many great sets, just a shame they're very hard to get. 

Thanks for the praise on the A-6 Exhausts. We had a dozen sets of the A-6 wheels at the Nationals, but I should have brought more.

A few tweaks still need to be made to the A-6 Exhaust. If all goes well, the A-6 Exhausts will posting on the website the end of September. Should have the product pages all updated by then.

Yes, production has been quite limited  and for a while over the past year and for s few months were nil. While we are bringing the website up to date, it will be a little while more before it is fully up an operational. New host, merchant account, and some formatting has been  long over due. I will also be processing all orders so that means there will be longer turn times to getting packages posted. Most of the items will be brought up to an "in-stock" status on a gradual basis, so not all items will be in stock or production at the same time frame. We are also discontinuing a few items.

Also, all SHM future announcements will be made through the website and Hyperscale only.

Mike V

Edited by LSP_Ray
Attack on competitor not allowed.

I really hope I can get my hands on the SH goodies since an A-6E will be my next project. Intakes would be especially welcome... I bought the Rhino versions but they are trunkated (decreasing c/s towards the engine) and hence look wrong from 6 feet away.

Cheers,

Marcel