F-18 BLUE ANGELS "OLD SCHOOL2" Hasegawa 1:32

Koralik

Another of the "OLD SCHOOL" models, it is a model from the 80-90's and I did't have an idea for it.
He was lying and getting dusty so he had to fly to the basket but i got the idea to make the F-18 model of the BLUE ANGELS team.

The model required a lot of modifications and work and a very specific painting.
In addition, F-18 BLUE ANGELS must be finished in a very high gloss.

The model of demonstration aircraft are difficult to make and I do not know if what I have done will please you.

Hasegawa set:

wJdJp4j.jpg

Model:

Z1pkdwl.jpg?1O2skUBr.jpg?1p5kUuYB.jpg?12cc6pzW.jpg?1cEuduSu.jpg?1T0EbHTi.jpg?1ILQ3tA8.jpg?1ax6Grze.jpg?15nO20Wh.jpg?1mslPnfs.jpg?1blG184p.jpg?10E2WMRv.jpg?1eNbpZsK.jpg?11kbiOd2.jpg?11IiNZDf.jpg?1LZrc4RD.jpgRIsPP1N.jpg?11fLrc4Y.jpg?16tuuPGj.jpg?1

Hi Koralik, great looking Blue Hornet, did you use the paragon conversion set to change the original Hasegawa into a A or C model?

I'm asking because i have several of these sets ready to be used on the Has kit.

Jack.

4 minutes ago, Jack said:

Hi Koralik, great looking Blue Hornet, did you use the paragon conversion set to change the original Hasegawa into a A or C model?

I'm asking because i have several of these sets ready to be used on the Has kit.

Jack.

No, I didn't use conversion kits.

I have made changes on my own

Amazing work

I love the blue angles. I have this kit in the stash too. 

One thing is i dont think the BA had the wing leading edge with the offset (sry dont know how its called)

But even do it looks amazing

Your gloss coat is superb! Did you polish it to get it to shine like that or is it a combination of silver primer and the gloss paints?

I’m working on modifying a similar Hasegawa one except doing the low viz scheme. Did you have to fill in the wing area running along the side of the cockpit? If so I’d love to hear how you did it to make it looklike it’s part of the plane.

awesome job!