Which compressor?

monthebiff

17 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

I'm curious: why do you need to upgrade your Smart Jet? 

I have the same thing and it has lasted nearly 10 years now without fail, and does all I need a compressor to do for this hobby.

What does it lack that the new compressor will do? I'm curious!  Maybe I'm missing something!

It is kind of noisy, no doubt, but not enough to bother me.

No tank?

9 hours ago, ringleheim said:

I'm curious: why do you need to upgrade your Smart Jet? 

I have the same thing and it has lasted nearly 10 years now without fail, and does all I need a compressor to do for this hobby.

What does it lack that the new compressor will do? I'm curious!  Maybe I'm missing something!

It is kind of noisy, no doubt, but not enough to bother me.

Need an air tank and needs to be quite rather than constantly running as I spray.

Regards. Andy

48 minutes ago, DonH said:

I have a Sparmax TC-610H. I didn't spend a lot of time on research, it was the only one in the shop. Suits me well and manages to provide a stream of air at approximately the right pressure, when I need it.

I have that on my short list Don, also consideri g a Sil-Air model as well at the moment.

Regards. Andy

10 hours ago, DonH said:

I have a Sparmax TC-610H. I didn't spend a lot of time on research, it was the only one in the shop. Suits me well and manages to provide a stream of air at approximately the right pressure, when I need it.

Thumbs up for the Sparmax from me too.

On 8/3/2018 at 1:08 PM, DeanKB said:

To be honest, they're all pretty much of a muchness, as long as they have a tank & a water filter, you're good to go.

I've got a Jun Air compressor. You can pick them up on Ebay and suchlike for around £100 or so. Will last forever.

Very quiet, very reliable, but very, very heavy.

$_86.JPG

The local supplier here in South Africa quoted me GBP 1700 for one of these.

3 hours ago, Gerhard said:

The local supplier here in South Africa quoted me GBP 1700 for one of these.

Bloody hell!

They come up on EBay fairly regularly in the UK. I got mine for £75, the one pictured - I think it has a 25 litre tank - is currently for sale at £100.

Second hand, of course, but they are built to last.

Indeed..................I purchased a little junk/cheapie compressor and tank off of EBay about 10 years ago, and the only thing I have had to replace is the water trap/PSI regulator. As dean said, most any decent compressor with a tank, even the cheapie ones like I have off EBay should do the job

Hi Guys,

I was running a Sparmax 610 for a few years and it’s a really good bit of kit.  However, it wasn’t  quite man enough for the rated air supply of the Gunze PS-270 fan spray airbrush and sold it to a friend who wanted it.

I bought another SparMax, the TC-5000 which has a twin compressor unit and really bangs out the air. It sits under the work bench and is coupled up to a desk mounted filter/regulator with integral brush holder and a two way manifold.  Two hoses, each fitted with an Iwata inline filter and a quick release.  

As as I retired last year, I spent some serious money on airbrushes, compressor and a decent extract system, permanently in place and ready to go. It means I can just sit there all day and airbrush to my heart’s content.  No problems, no fuss.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby