Making an Gloster Meteor F-3 from HK's kit...

Thomas Lund

Hi

Quite unexpectedly I got my hands on a HK Meteor F-4 at 40% off - unable to resist :-)

I was really interested in doing one of the white F-3's since they were in use during WWII which is my primary interest. But being caught a little off guard regarding info I did some digging yesterday. As far as I can figure out, the Meteor switched from the Welland engine to the Derwent during the F-3 production, but unfortunately the 4 white painted ones were with Welland engines. In pictures I can see some kind of splitter in the intake on the welland engined planes, but I have no idea if there were more severe changes to the nacelle or other stuff - from the Welland engined F-3 to a (kit) F-4...

So can it be done ? I know - everything can be done, but you know what I mean :-)

Alternatively a suggestion on an interesting Derwent engined (WWII) Meteor is gladly taken...

Thanks

Thomas

F3 is a bit of an odd ball compared with all the post war ones, different canopy, engines, wings.......  I think so, anyway. Happy with the F4 as my old man worked on them, and the T7s and F8s. But that is just me of course!