Libyan Mig-23MF, 0200 Tripoli August 2005

Daniel Leduc

On 8/15/2018 at 8:47 AM, Alain Gadbois said:

Great work Daniel! Nice to see the attention you take to correct the kits shortcomings. Too bad about the nose wheel bay resin part.

Alain

Merci Alain,

Compare to Trumpy first kits ( A-10, F-4U ), that Mig reminds me of my Frogfoot, '' A GEM '' un vrai Bijoux...... 

nice engineering all the way and a perfect fit, I love it.

Love it so much that I ordered my self another one....:frantic::yahoo:

Dan.

On 8/15/2018 at 10:38 AM, kikka said:

god damn i love 23s ! 

the resin is really a must buy for this kit . it really makes it awesome and rewards time spent painting it .

and you dont need much weight in the nose since the intakes , pit etc are quite heavy . 

With all those wheel bay wide open, got not much choice to have them, yeah really awesome.....

already planning all my stuff to make my 2sd one will all avionic on the forward fuselage open with all the electronic,

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « russian mig-23 »

oh boy,  that'll be a first for me, not really my Mojo.... ( what you don't see, I don't build ).

Dan.

On 8/15/2018 at 11:09 AM, BloorwestSiR said:

Looks great Dan. I'm tempted to get one for a Czech Tiger Meet scheme but I'm not sure I have the space with everything else in the stash.

Carl

Thanks Carl,

When there's not roon left for more, up here in Québec, two times a year, GARAGE SALE.....lol. :rofl:

No, seriously, I was joking, there's no way you can throw those away...

and if you need a spare sheet for those tiger marking, let me know, that's exactly the one I ordered yesterday and won't need it

since I'm planning for a Russian star...

Dan.

Here my week-end update.....

The pit was a tad too wide an had to be reinforce with a strip and CA, with a bit of squeeze....

ZT6GgjRl.jpg

I decide to keep no spacing on top, flush and fill the spacing under the fuselage..

SSDs95wl.jpg

And shouldn't be really noticable once filled.

VcyObYwl.jpg

Wow, look at that shape, almost a perfect fit, way better than that pinocchio look it used to have...

w5vqqPKl.jpg

Did some main bay painting.....

OIyHpPhl.jpg

And going to give a shut on the kit exhaust/burner ..... just in case, we never know.

weXBov5l.jpg

Have fun and see you soon.

Dan.

Edited by Daniel Leduc

With a some Alclad Burnt Iron and a little mist of Jet exhaust over Nato black XF-69, 

it came out pretty good to my liking....

nPmdJapl.jpg

rQjEB66l.jpg

going to use some pigment and that'll be all for the burner can.....

but comparing detail against the Aires exhaust.... whoooo, that's another story.  :hmmm:

fpnC03Bl.jpg

Maybe I'm gonna keep the Exhaust set for my next Russian Flogger and just cast the petal and use the kit burner can, 

but, will need to correct some sizing problem 1st..... 

X9QT8a4l.jpg

IBicsmCl.jpg

compare to....

tSSRcvsl.jpg

sOXJAlul.jpg

Will look for a close-up of the real one and what are my options...

Thanks for watching and have fun.

Dan.

3 hours ago, Gazzas said:

I don't understand how so many of these detail sets are undersized.  It's enough to put a guy off AM.

Gaz

4 minutes ago, dora9 said:

Sometimes Aires is a PITA with undersized parts, but so far the burner can is coming out nicely!

I think sometimes its about what AM part you are installing.   Ive had experience with the Aires stuff like my Flanker wheel wells that had to have most of the upper wing material removed from the kit to fit, to a point where I could literally see through the wing because the wells were over sized.. 

On the flip side of that coin I've gotten things like their F-16 wheel wells that are a legitimate drop fit and one could not ask for better fit.

Nice progress Dan!

That nose surgery came out very well!

About resin parts: the masters have to take inevitable shrinkage into consideration, so a perfect fitting detailed part will end up being to small when it is molded and cast!

But your resin nozzle is surprisingly small. Maybe a copy was used to make new molds, resulting in even smaller reproductions!

I would stick with the plastic part, as I don't think it is worth trying to correct the resin replacement and the end result will still not be accurate because of the way the petals' positions at rest.

Alain