F-15I Ra’am - FINISHED

Dukie99

Time for an update. I have not been very diligent in documenting this build but I have been working on it. I am actually on the homestrech and I have spent almost all my modeling time in the past seven days (which is not much) applying the myriad stencils provided in the Isradecal decal set. I have not counted them  but you are talking several hundreds. Very good quality decals and clear instructions so no complaint but you get cross-eyed after a while. Here some pics and I have not finished, I need another two evenings at least. It is big and colorful and I like it a lot.

i-6GM7FHb-L.jpg

i-8zZDm8C-L.jpg

i-CB74T4c-L.jpg

i-9rqv22M-L.jpg

Cheers,

David

• 2 weeks later...

Time for an update and thanks Brian for commenting. With so many exciting build in the multi-engine GB, not much traffic on this one but I will finish my F-15i Ra'am. Not too hard to motivate myself because I find this scheme one of the most attractive for the F-15. I finished decaling, glued the targeting pods, fuel tank and landing gears and applied Tamiya Black panel liner to the center lower fuselage (but not the wings where it would look too heavy). Next steps, finishing the loadout, ejection seats and lots of bits and bobs. I should make it before the end of February deadline. A few pics

i-Z9WfhBp-L.jpg

i-zWzWS5v-L.jpg

i-7c8L9qf-L.jpg

Cheers,

David

• 2 weeks later...

And it is done. Very happy with it, happy to have finished it in time. It is by no means perfect but it was a very enjoyable build and I can see myself building another one or a F-15C in the future. All paints are MRP, smart bombs are from Eduard, Python 4 are from Isradecals and the Amraam are from Tamya F-16. The pit is OOB with the bits and pieces from the Isracast conversion, the seats are Quickboost. With this one done, I can reattach the Me-410 for the multiengine GB.

Final pictures:

i-pV8GSkW-L.jpg

i-PG9GJNX-L.jpg

i-CH9XRR5-X2.jpg

i-MVv4SHX-L.jpg

i-FrcG3Vd-L.jpg

i-hCsRWBQ-L.jpg

i-SSw9nwf-L.jpg

i-q57BwSM-L.jpg

i-WH98mHV-L.jpg

i-GXBCF3K-L.jpg

i-2p3GJF8-L.jpg

i-nPhVwjb-L.jpg

i-mMjh6Rn-L.jpg

Thanks to all who have followed the build and encouraged me, it is always appreciated.

Cheers,

David

Edited by Dukie99