F-15I Ra’am - FINISHED

Dukie99

This my entry for this GB: F-15i Ra’am in the typical three tone camo of the IAF. Lots of goodies for this kit as well with more to come once I will have figured out the load out of this one. I am waiting to receive the Isradecals new publication on the Ra’am before starting in earnest, but I may cut some plastic in the meantime...

i-gVrTvT6-L.jpg

i-2KDgRvr-L.jpg

i-xN3cLdF-L.jpg

hopefully it will eventually look like this

i-XpkB4fm-L.jpg

Cheers,

David

Edited by Dukie99

Ok, I started to make a dent on this massive kit. As I was not feeling like starting with the cockpit, I started with the Rhino intake and these were very easy to use. The aft portion of the trunking is molded in white resin and can simply be screwed on the kit as direct replacement on the kit parts. I added some epoxy for strength. I primed the fan with Alclad black and shot some aluminum before gluing with epoxy. The forward portion of the intake are molded in grey resin, I primed the interior with MRP grey primer before shooting MRP IAF light blue. You need to cut the kit intake lip by about five mm to install the forward intake but once this is done it fits like a glove. There is a little bit a filling to be done but as you can see from the pictures nothing too bad

i-trpcFfD-L.jpg

i-TtDH69g-L.jpg

i-GTMfQs2-L.jpg

i-f5N9Rbr-L.jpg

Aside from that I have cut a lot of plastic and glued and prepped various parts (wings, pods, tank, conformal tank pylons) a nice change of pace from the MH-47G.

Cheers,

David

• 3 months later...

Ok, let's resume this build. I found it really difficult to do anything on this build while the MH-47G was on the bench, but now that it is done, it's Ra'am time.

At this time, I have cut, prepped and glued most of the resin bits in the Isracast conversion. Not a ton of pieces but the quality of the resin is top notch, the instructions are clear enough and with the Isradecal publication on the Ra'am I have enough reference to guide me. This is where I stand today:

i-3rhvqVq-L.jpg

i-Dx2WN32-L.jpg

cockpit pieces are only dry fitted but the resin is glued.

i-MKK7nm3-L.jpg

Sat-Com antenna

i-F5dT8gD-L.jpg

tail antenna

i-Z25MhSj-L.jpg

airscoops on the CFTs

i-NJZdRmg-L.jpg

flare dispensers on the tailboom.

I have also made a start on the ordnance but no pics yet. Next step is to put some color (i.e. Nato black) in the cockpit and detail painting. So far the kit fits really well and I enjoy the change of pace from the MH-47.

Cheers,

David