Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

Welcome to the Ships of the Desert Group Build! This GB runs from 1 August 2018 to 31 January 2019, and encompasses aircraft and helicopters wearing desert camouflage. Aircraft operating nominally in 'desert' theatres or geographies, but not wearing desert camouflage, are not eligible. The scheme is the key criteria!

Standard LSP eligibility rules apply: the subject kit must be an aircraft or helicopter, 1/35 scale or larger, and be not more than 25% complete at the time of entering the Group Build.

Oh, and have fun!

Kev

Guest Maxim

Thanks for clarifying Kev. Here I was thinking I was already in front with my stealth camel designed and ready to go! :mental:

qsdZ2WYch8.jpeg?w=617

2 hours ago, Lothar said:

I forgot to ask: does a IAF F-16I Sufa qualify despite ist standard multi-colour camouflage?

I feel intriqued building one if it qualifies!!

Lothar

The sand, green and brown, yes.

With a six-months GB,I should be able to build at least three models if I stick to the ancient Revell kits.

Many conventions the next months.I shall find some more that fit the rules.

And maybe the 24 th Airfix Me 109 E.:hmmm:

But I can't forget my two Mosquito's in the other GB !

Edited by Erwin

I'm wondering what the earliest aeroplane would be that fits this category. I know there were 'planes in the Hedjaz expedition of 1917, four B.E.2c. They would have been in standard finish. Likewise the 'planes operating out of Mudros were all in CDL

Were there WW1 'planes in desert camouflage, or when did it come into use?

Richard

12 hours ago, RLWP said:

I'm wondering what the earliest aeroplane would be that fits this category. I know there were 'planes in the Hedjaz expedition of 1917, four B.E.2c. They would have been in standard finish. Likewise the 'planes operating out of Mudros were all in CDL

Were there WW1 'planes in desert camouflage, or when did it come into use?

Richard

I know there were Albatros fighters active in the middle east during WWI, but other than painting the crosses into squares, I don't know if anything else was done.

Gaz

7 hours ago, Gazzas said:

I know there were Albatros fighters active in the middle east during WWI, but other than painting the crosses into squares, I don't know if anything else was done.

Gaz

Albatros D III of the Turkish War of Independence, at least one of them was camouflaged although there is much speculation what those colours were. 

Hi Kevin!  I suspect this does not qualify, but just to be sure will this AV-8B Harrier II qualify?  Stateside they were a grey/green camo and were repainted the two tone grey for deployment in the 'Free Kuwait' campaign. (BTW - nice work on the Meng Corsair !!!).9bLweP.jpg

1 hour ago, Gene said:

Hi Kevin!  I suspect this does not qualify, but just to be sure will this AV-8B Harrier II qualify?  Stateside they were a grey/green camo and were repainted the two tone grey for deployment in the 'Free Kuwait' campaign. (BTW - nice work on the Meng Corsair !!!).9bLweP.jpg

I'll have to leave that one to Brad for adjudication, as I'm really not sure! On the one hand, if that's the 'official' desert camouflage scheme used on the AV-8B for Desert Storm, then I guess it fits. On the other hand, it doesn't look very 'desert-y' to me! Brad?

Oh, by Meng Corsair, did you mean my Trumpeter Franken-Corsair build?

Kev

Damn, I have not even started on my previous GB commitment. Has been 12 weeks waiting for my goodies to arrive. I would really like to join this, but alas, shipping to SA is almost non existent at the moment.

On 8/10/2018 at 9:04 AM, Gene said:

It is kinda camouflagy, if that's a word and I'll lean on the side of inclusion and say yes, because it was repainted for the specific operation.

Edited by BradG