Windex

G-Man

I've found that wiping down my paint booth with Windex will kill the dust before painting. It really helps. My question is, can it be used to wipe down bare plastic before paint? What about a primed model? Or one with paint? Or clear? I use Mr. Color, will Windex eat this paint?

I use it on bare plastic with no issues. It works fantastic! On painted plastic, it will remove most acrylics and some (but not all) colors of lacquer paints (like Mr Color). If you decide to chance using it on a painted surface, spray the cloth with Windex and then wipe. Do not spray directly onto a painted surface or your paint may strip when you wipe it. I've now switched over to Zeiss Lens Cleaner (I had it anyways to clean my glasses) and that stuff is also fantastic and won't affect paint (although it is a bit more expensive). 

• 3 weeks later...

It also can depend on which Windex you are using as well. The original and still available (AFAIK) Windex has ammonia, and they also make an ammonia free Windex as well.

I've used the former to strip Future and paint off, and the later didnt seem to make a dent in normal acrylics.