N1K2 photoetched sets?

Troy Molitor

I was doing a bit of research this evening on a particular photoetch set for the N1K2 cockpit. I came up with no results and empty handed.   I recall it was from an off brand company, but can anyone recall this particular 1:32 scale set?   Thanks for any advice or tip going forward. I certainly appreciate your reply in advance.  

Regards

Troy. 

6 hours ago, Bill_S said:

I've used this set, and it's well worth the money. I did an LSP review a while back - here's the link:

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=1583

You can buy it here:

http://www.brengun.cz/en-ww/e-shop/1-32-accessories-31/n1k2-j-shiden-kai-(hasegawa)-1099#!prettyPhoto

I was completely unaware of this set when I began my own George, but I was aware of the Aires set, though I didn't grab it, as I thought the OOB representation was quite acceptable to me. 

Interesting that the review shows an IP for the Shinden. I didn't realize the two aircraft were that similar, 'pit wise.

Just now, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

I was completely unaware of this set when I began my own George, but I was aware of the Aires set, though I didn't grab it, as I thought the OOB representation was quite acceptable to me. 

Interesting that the review shows an IP for the Shinden. I didn't realize the two aircraft were that similar.

I think it's just a typo, Kevin.

Hey DeanKB.  I did pick up the Siemens Schuckert D.III set and concur with your statement above.  

Kevin, Bill not sure what you’re referring to on the typo comment?   Can you elaborate plz?. Thx.  

Aires makes a set?   Love their attention to details, just  hate to fork out the money to find out the resin bits are too small and don’t always fit.   I have 50% success rate with Aires.   Frustrated with their great offerings at times.  

Troy. 

6 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Kevin, Bill not sure what you’re referring to on the typo comment?   Can you elaborate plz?. Thx.  

Aires makes a set?   Love their attention to details, just  hate to fork out the money to find out the resin bits are too small and don’t always fit.   I have 50% success rate with Aires.   Frustrated with their great offerings at times.  

Troy. 

In the review by Bill (posted above), the P.E. fret itself refers to the Shiden-Kai, whereas the IP film says Shinden.

My error, the Aires set is 1:48, not 1:32.