Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

The Madhatter

22 hours ago, The Madhatter said:

thanks guys. I'm really sorry I haven't replied sooner - in all honesty; I completely forgot!

I will be starting the masking tomorrow as the base coat has now fully cured (after 3 weeks, it should be!)

Looking very much forward to it Simon!! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

no sorry. I have masked most of the black on the top half of the hull but I haven't touched it for a few weeks now. It's sitting here looking at me and I know I need to press on, but I have also started a non WIP project in the form of the Scharnhorst (1/350) as I needed a break. And now the Scharnhorst has taken a back seat to the SF-90 but that's OK as I also intend to get back to masking this weekend as I want to get this done.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks mate :) The fun part is remembering where I stuck micro pieces of tape to the surface once the other layers have gone on! That's why I took 30 pics on my phone just of the black masking, and I'll do the same again for the next 2 colours. Tedious for sure but I believe it'll be worth it.

oooohhh that's so seriously tempting! I'll have to find some more images to see if that's something I can actually do

thanks Brett.

I had a possum in my roof until Tuesday night when it fell through the ceiling into my office-like area where I build and have my older builds on a shelf. I used to have a BR-52, a custom batmobile, a really snazzy SU33  a one of a kind Sith Interceptor and the start of a Sith Silencer until Tuesday night.

I now also have to clean possum pee off the lower hull of the SD.

Thank god I had the Scharnhorst with the box lid on and the SF90 hidden away, just in case. 

When I started work yesterday morning, all I could say was what the actual f*$k. In my home country of Nu Zullund, its not illegal to make a pie and a hat out of one. Luckily for him, here in Oz, they're protected.

At least I have some new shelf space now. It's a shame it came at such a price is all. 

Edited by The Madhatter

1 hour ago, The Madhatter said:

oooohhh that's so seriously tempting! I'll have to find some more images to see if that's something I can actually do

thanks Brett.

I had a possum in my roof until Tuesday night when it fell through the ceiling into my office-like area where I build and have my older builds on a shelf. I used to have a BR-52, a custom batmobile, a really snazzy SU33  a one of a kind Sith Interceptor and the start of a Sith Silencer until Tuesday night.

I now also have to clean possum pee off the lower hull of the SD.

Thank god I had the Scharnhorst with the box lid on and the SF90 hidden away, just in case. 

When I started work yesterday morning, all I could say was what the actual f*$k. In my home country of Nu Zullund, its not illegal to make a pie and a hat out of one. Luckily for him, here in Oz, they're protected.

At least I have some new shelf space now. It's a shame it came at such a price is all. 

Well. I didn't expect to read about anyone having to clean possum piss off their model SD today. Wow! Hope it cleans up AND that it never happens to you again!