Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

The Madhatter

I found this tower like structure last night in the box of spares and immediately thought this would be a cool addition:

IMG_8652

Also found in amongst stuff I fully forgot I had, was this little gem (the big bit in the center). 

IMG_8655

I layed out a few parts just to get some kind of structure going. Obviously, its just a base, but what do you think? Should I use it as well or just stick to the one building? Is it a bit too 'Old factory" in it's appearance or would it pass in the world of SW? 

One thing that I've noticed or thought about is the rest of the tile details. Is it too much with another building? Are these buildings out of scale with the rest of it? I don't think so, but I am doubting my scaling abilities lately, so I thought 'd see if I can get some honest, constructive feedback.

I think it’s an artistic question. Scale with the base and other structure is ok, also this new structure will fit if it is dressed with some additional mini details.

Will two tall structures look ok on the base? Maybe you should add a few smaller intermediate ones on the surface to create more balance.

Just a thought!

Alain

I realised I forgot to add this image which might help see it all together:

IMG_8657

I have been adding a few smaller structures around before I started these buildings, so I am hoping that it will balance out more soon enough :)

Edited by The Madhatter

2 hours ago, Brett M said:

That’s cool looking. From any show/comic?

It's quite literally a sci-fi spaceship rendering of an airbrush. I believe it was even co-designed by Iwata:

https://www.mapleairbrushsupplies.com/products/arkhitect-advanced-research-colonizer

Kev

Kev's explanation of it is exactly what it is - a starship in the shape of an airbrush (and one that I use to -HP-C+). I personally really like a subject that is off center. Im thinking of grey, blue and metallics for a scheme. 

Edited by The Madhatter

hey again

Got one building done and primed and have started on the second one. I'm hoping to have the first one painted by the weekend. I have already drilled out the holes where the fibers will be going. I lost count after 50 and 8 drill bits later

The good news is it won't require a lot big lengths of fiber. I am contemplating sticking in just little bits of fiber and flood lighting the entire inside but I am not sure I can get much light through the top sections. They'd require longer lengths I think. Also, there would not be enough room to angle an LED bright enough to fill the space... unless I used SMD strip?

Enough pondering, here are the pics. I used my phone and not my proper camera coz I can't be faffed getting it all set up

20220815_201147

20220815_201126

20220815_201113

20220815_201048

20220815_201036

In black primer with a very light white primer highlight coat brings it all together nicely

20220815_211731

20220815_211748

20220815_211756

And together with the new building. I drilled out some vents on the side of the tower and I'll stick in some strips of clear sanded styrene to cover the openings from the inside. With a red LED shining up from the bottom it'll look pretty cool with the sanded styrene diffusing the light nicely. At least - that's the plan

20220815_201308

20220815_201234

20220815_201217

and lastly, the new position of both on the surface:

20220815_201356

Well, I think I have bored you all enough, but as always, please feel free to critique or suggest anything that could be improved. Like, share, subscribe...? LOL

I watch way too much Youtube

Thanks for looking