Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

The Madhatter

thanks for the kind posts guys

Rob, no mate, there's no plan. I just add stuff where I think it should go. Probably to my detriment but then I don't want an exact replica of a studio model. I'm making this my own ship :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Time for an update. I have pretty much finished detailing the sidewalls on the starboard side and now just need to do the port side. Once the all of the detailing is done, I'll drill out the windows and then paint them ready for fiber installation.

I am very happy with how its all come out!

IMG_8280

IMG_8281

IMG_8282

IMG_8285

IMG_8286

IMG_8291

IMG_8298

IMG_8299

IMG_8300

IMG_8301

IMG_8304

Anyways, that's it for now, but I will update again once the other side is finished

Thanks for looking in

Si

• 4 months later...

Hi Everyone

Well, its been a few months since I last updated this thread with some progress. I hope some interest is still there - understandable if its waned significantly though. It has been a while

However, over the past couple of weeks, I've recommenced work on it and am happy to report that 99% of the detailing is now done. I still need to add a couple of bits here and there to the upper lip of the side trenches and install some flood lights but overall, it's ready to start drilling out the sidewalls for the fibers. I'm going to paint first then add the fibers as I want as close to the surface mating as possible and I won't be able to do that in these fine recessed spaces if I fiber then paint.

I have sighted a couple of spaces that I missed in that rear left wall so I shall remedy that tonight that you probably wouldn't really notice  - but I will

IMG_8403

IMG_8404

IMG_8405

IMG_8406

IMG_8413

I only took a few pics, so that's it for now. All being well, the next update should be the final floodlights and trench details and I daresay the last time you'll see it with no paint on
As always, thanks for stopping by and having a look and sorry again for the delay in progress

Si

Thanks very much Pete for taking the time to get through it all. Been going on for 3 years already.  Definitely my longest running build for sure. Had to take a few breaks so I don't loose all motivation.  It worked as I'm going to try get the ship fully finished before I start another subject. This is doubtful of course! I have already started builds I'd also like to get done too